Heading to Germany

Heading to Germany

This is a discussion on Heading to Germany within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I are leaving on Wednesday going to be there for 10 days. Really looking forward to this trip BUT I am going ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading to Germany

Heading to Germany

My wife and I are leaving on Wednesday going to be there for 10 days. Really looking forward to this trip BUT I am going to feel naked over there w/o anything even a knife. Anyone have any suggestions for improvised items. Are tactical pens allowed in luggage ?

Good news is we are travelling with 30 other people with about 1/2 of us speaking German, ( I am @ a 3rd grade level )

auf Wiedersehen
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Situational awareness is your best weapon. Also, don't forget the dummy-wallet trick.

Good luck!
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Where in Germany? I keep a folding knife with me...but generally, as long as you are in groups, you'll be fine. Most of the crime here is property crime--thefts, vehicle break-ins, and the like. Recommend keeping electronics to a minimum...less to lose.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Make sure you pick up a good stout walking stick when you first get there. It may not be a gun, but it's a better option than a knife and totally legal.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Where in Germany? I keep a folding knife with me...but generally, as long as you are in groups, you'll be fine. Most of the crime here is property crime--thefts, vehicle break-ins, and the like. Recommend keeping electronics to a minimum...less to lose.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Landing in Frankfurt then going to Rudeshiem , Speyer , Strasbourg Fr. , then back into Germany, Reutligen ,Stuggart and then Heidleberg and back to Frankfurt and home. I don't anticipate any issues but still will feel odd.
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    Landing in Frankfurt then going to Rudeshiem , Speyer , Strasbourg Fr. , then back into Germany, Reutligen ,Stuggart and then Heidleberg and back to Frankfurt and home. I don't anticipate any issues but still will feel odd.
    Enjoy the wines in Rudesheim and bring back many photos to post for us. You're seeing a beautiful part of Europe.

Have fun in Germany, just keep your head on a swivel
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

A good sturdy walking cane, do a search, this item has been mentioned a few times.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    Also, don't forget the dummy-wallet trick.
    This reminds me of some sit com I saw once where they guy had $50 in his "dummy wallet" and no money in his real one. Don't make that mistake.

Bring a small folder in your check-in bag. You can also buy a can of pepper spray once you get here.

Really looking forward to this trip BUT I am going to feel naked over there w/o anything even a knife. Anyone have any suggestions for improvised items. Are tactical pens allowed in luggage ?
    No doubt the Europe you will be visiting won't be exactly like the Europe I remember but I still think you can relax. Germany is a great place to visit and I'm betting you'll never be safer. Just don't forget your camera and your credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    No doubt the Europe you will be visiting won't be exactly like the Europe I remember but I still think you can relax. Germany is a great place to visit and I'm betting you'll never be safer. Just don't forget your camera and your credit cards.
    10-4 looking foeward to some bier and brats.......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Have a good time! I wish I were going! I've been all over Germany: Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin, Bonn, etc. It is such a great place!
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Try the wiess bier...and be careful if you ask for a water, they tend to serve room temperature seltzer water.

And don't expect to get any serious quantities of ice. Europeans must not have icemakers or something.

Stay safe and stay with the group and you should be fine. Enjoy Deutschland!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links