Restaurant scenario.

This is a discussion on Restaurant scenario. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let say you are going out to eat concealed carrying like always. You go out to a restaurant that has a bar inside with seating ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Restaurant scenario.

Restaurant scenario.

Let say you are going out to eat concealed carrying like always. You go out to a restaurant that has a bar inside with seating and also has seating out side the bar to eat at. Well your waiting to get seated. They finely call your name or number. They then take you inside the bar area to set. What do you do? Do you make a scene and tell them you want a different table? Or do you set because you don't want to wait any longer even though you know your not so post to set there because you are carrying and you don't want to make a scene and you know your not going to be drinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

I'd politely ask for a table outside of the bar area when I gave them my name.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

It's not making a scene if you ask for a different seating location. There's really no need for you to justify anything other than you wish to be seated away from the bar area. Ask politely and take it from there. If it's a few more minutes then that's the way it goes. Usually I'm going out to eat for enjoyment and I'm not going to let a little seating snafu bug me.
    Bark'n, Secret Spuk and Tzadik like this.

Just ask for seating outside the bar area. Years ago, you requested "smoking" or "non-smoking" seating in restaurants. I really don't see where getting the seating you desire should be an issue, nor can I imagine a restaurant that wouldn't accomodate that simple request.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Well you weren't state specific so living in TN I'll say nothing and enjoy a nice meal. However most Hosts/Hostesses will not seat you in the bar area unless when you show up there's a waiting time with space available in the bar area they usually offer that as an option. When in FL I simply tell them I'll wait.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

If you don't want to sit somewhere, say so beforehand. Complicated stuff, folks.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    It's not making a scene if you ask for a different seating location. There's really no need for you to justify anything other than you wish to be seated away from the bar area. Ask politely and take it from there. If it's a few more minutes then that's the way it goes. Usually I'm going out to eat for enjoyment and I'm not going to let a little seating snafu bug me.
    Pretty much how I look at it. You're definitely not making a scene by asking to be seated in a different area.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    I wouldnt care either way. I'd sit down and eat dinner.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by hiram25 View Post
    i'd politely ask for a table outside of the bar area when i gave them my name.
    This.

Its Concealed, blow past signs like you have blinders on. Eat and enjoy knowing you can eliminate just about any threat that may come your way. Its a shame that the folks eating in a Texas Lubys weren't so fortunate.

If I'm the good guy I ain't worried about what others may think.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Well I'm like some people I don't really care were they seat me if it's concealed there not going to know either way. Inside the bar or outside the bar. Just wondering what others would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'd politely ask for a table outside of the bar area when I gave them my name.
    A pretty simple, THIS... (have already done that)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Unless your in a state with restrictions on the "bar area" such as Florida has, I wouldn't worry about it. Unless Oklahoma has changed their law on it, you can sit in the bar area and not be in violation of the law. In states that do have the restriction, just make sure you ask for seating outside the bar area when you put your name on the waiting list.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As long as they are not posted 30.06 or 51%, I'll be sitting wherever they put me (unless it's next tot he kitchen).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by JDlewis View Post
    Let say you are going out to eat concealed carrying like always. You go out to a restaurant that has a bar inside with seating and also has seating out side the bar to eat at. Well your waiting to get seated. They finely call your name or number. They then take you inside the bar area to set. What do you do? Do you make a scene and tell them you want a different table? Or do you set because you don't want to wait any longer even though you know your not so post to set there because you are carrying and you don't want to make a scene and you know your not going to be drinking?

In my state and county, it is perfectly legal for me to carry in a bar. I just can't drink personally. So no issue for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links