Good : Woman drives Carjacker to Police Station , on the hood.

This is a discussion on Good : Woman drives Carjacker to Police Station , on the hood. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Read more: Bizarre KC carjacking ends in special delivery to police HQ - KansasCity.com Bizarre KC carjacking ends in special delivery to police HQ A ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By TedBeau

Thread: Good : Woman drives Carjacker to Police Station , on the hood.

Good : Woman drives Carjacker to Police Station , on the hood.

Read more: Bizarre KC carjacking ends in special delivery to police HQ - KansasCity.com

Bizarre KC carjacking ends in special delivery to police HQ

A man jumped on the hood of a woman’s car today on Bruce Watkins Drive in Kansas City, pointed a gun at her and told her to “drive!”

So she did.

She stomped the accelerator and drove from Bruce Watkins near 29th Street to Kansas City Police Headquarters at 1125 Locust Street, where she rammed through a garage door with the man still clinging to her hood.

A civilian worker who works in a booth in the garage radioed to officers that someone was trying to ram a car into the garage. The car hit the door three times, the worker reported, before breaking through.

Once the car got into the garage, the carjacker climbed off and ran. Officers arrested him nearby as he tried to get on a city bus. He did not have the gun with him. Police believe he may have dropped it during the ride to headquarters. He was taken to a hospital to be treated for minor wounds, under police guard.

Police were interviewing the victim, a woman in her 30s, and investigating the incident as an assault. She said the suspect had stopped traffic on U.S 71 by dancing in the road before he jumped onto her car.

The garage door was ruined in the 12:15 p.m. incident. The impact crumpled the metal and broke all the glass windows.

The victim’s car sustained minor scratches and remained inside the headquarters garage this afternoon.

Police officials said it was the first time anyone could remember a crime victim — or anyone — crashing through the garage, much less to deposit a suspected criminal.

“Very effective,” noted Sgt. Tom Dearing.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

All she had to do was tap the brakes, he would have slid right off the hood and turned into a speed bump!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    All she had to do was tap the brakes, he would have slid right off the hood and turned into a speed bump!
    He held on for three good smacks into the garage door! He must've had his sticky gloves on.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    Very nice of her, delivering the criminal directly to the PD and allowing them to conserve resources by not having to use fuel to chase him down.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I agree with Hiram25

But I'll give the young lady this she took care of business to the best of her ability,

LOVE HER FOR NOT LAYING DOWN AND BEING A VICTIM!
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

VIP Member
    Accelerate to 50 MPH then slam on the brakes.....accelerate to 50 MPH again. "Honest Officer, my foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas pedal!" Problem solved!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Your best weapon against a car-jacker is your car. This lady just proved it.

I would have loved to see the look on his face when she took off!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Hilarious
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Great, the only thing I might have done differently is pin him to the garage door, leave the car in gear, retrieve tire iron from trunk, attempt to remove criminal from between car and garage by striking in the head repeatedly with tire iron.

Links