Interesting and VERY Hypothetical Scenario - Page 3

Interesting and VERY Hypothetical Scenario

This is a discussion on Interesting and VERY Hypothetical Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cptsdr My first experiance with "P C"- too bad, I used to love eating at Sambo's. Ahhh Sambo's. That was my first ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Interesting and VERY Hypothetical Scenario

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cptsdr View Post
    My first experiance with "P C"- too bad, I used to love eating at Sambo's.
    Ahhh Sambo's. That was my first real job as a dishwasher and later as a short-order cook. What great memories of the 60's.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Wild scenario....but anything is possible. If he started to run at me like a mad man I would probably just dodge him and let him run around until he bleeds out. Then call EMS. I couldn't justify a shot given that he dropped his weapon but if he didn't then it's game over for him.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Duck, Duck, Goose!

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Exactly my first thought. I always keep my weak hand on the nozzle of the pump while I'm gassing up. At full pressure, gas should squirt at least 10 feet. That's far enough to hold him off until I can get in my vehicle to call 911.

Like this: Attendant Sprays Gas Hose At Would-Be Robber In Lowell « CBS Boston

I would say for legal reasons never shoot a guy that is coming towards you like that. HIV is a difficult virus to transmit, your chances of contracting is low. Also, you can take antiviral meds that prevent developing an HIV infection after being exposed to the virus, immediately contact your doctor and a pharmacy. The take away message here is that just like people overestimate the lethality of bullets based on movie renditions, people overestimate the infectiousness of many (not all) communicable diseases.

If you shoot a man that you *suspect* may have HIV/AIDS and is running towards you, that does not justify a deadly threat, you do not have the legal right to shoot him. If you do, you will probably go to prison for some number of years with serious repercussions on your family, future job prospects being an ex-con, and your risk of contracting serious diseases in prison including HIV, TB, hepatitis, MRSA, pneumonia, and many others. All for what? Some crazy motherf that has AIDS? That **** is stupid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links