Interesting and VERY Hypothetical Scenario

This is a discussion on Interesting and VERY Hypothetical Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So the following scenario is very ridiculous and would probably never happen, but bear with me. Here goes: So you are at a gas station ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Interesting and VERY Hypothetical Scenario

So the following scenario is very ridiculous and would probably never happen, but bear with me.
    Here goes:
    So you are at a gas station and you notice someone who seems absolutely normal, and for this reason your guard may be down a little. He is more then 20 feet away and is not doing anything to alert you.
    But all of a sudden the guy pulls out a knife and cuts his wrists deep enough to knick the arteries.
    Blood is literally squirting everywhere. The guy then drops the knife and starts running at you with the intent of getting his blood on you.
    Now what do you do?
    For all you know this guy could have full blown AIDS and he just wants someone else to share his fate…
    I guess I am wondering if this would warrant the use of deadly force.

Thoughts?

I'd run, or jump in my car. He is already attempting suicide, dont think he will mind being shot, so just presenting wont stop him, I dont think I could draw and hit vital enough to stop him in his tracks by the time he covers 20ft (about 1.5 seconds) And If he is squirting, I dont think he will last very long. Also simple getting blood on your isn't going to transmit AIDS.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

That (deadly force)would not be my choice.
    How do you know his intent?
    Maybe he panicked and now wants aid.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    He'll get the aid of my pepper spray in his eyes while I find my way into my car to close windows & lock doors. Calling 911 would be next on the list.

IPMan: Being as this is your introductory post on DC, a defensive firearms forum, I gotta ask...are you planning something??
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Senior Moderator
    First, I'm going to assume I'm at the pump filling up my car. When I do so I get out of the car and lock all of the doors and leave the driver's side door open so that all I have to do is dive in and shut the door and I'm in relative safety and can drive away.

I'm not sitting around to watch some guy cut his wrists. A guy who pulls a knife and starts cutting himself is going to induce me to get into my car and call 911. Even if he does reach my vehicle before I drive away he can go ahead and bleed all over it if he wants. It can keep out rain, I'm pretty sure it can keep out blood and it takes a lot of hitting to break car windows.. not to mention if he's really slit his wrists that badly it's very likely his tendons are not working well and making fists, etc will likely be impossible for him. Depending on how determined he seems to get me and the level of threat I feel determines whether or not I would draw my firearm and if I would use it.

Get in my car and call 911.

If he attempts to break into my car, I'll fire away.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Get in my car and call 911.

If he attempts to break into my car, I'll fire away.
    if you are in the car, why not just drive away?
    bds9009 likes this.

It would probably end up being a roll in the gravel.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Arkhm: Not planning anything! I have been lurking here for a while (love the site) and me and a few buddies came up with this scenario while drinking. It sounded interesting and funny so I decided to share it

Depending on your specific activity and the level of threat your perceive, there are a number of options, some already mentioned. There is also the gas pump hose in your hand if you are fueling up.
    Sticks likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

He'd have to follow me around and around my vehicle until he turned into butter! Any old guys on here that know where that came from?
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    He'd have to follow me around and around my vehicle until he turned into butter! ...
    That was funny, right there!

Im running around the car, he will pass out soon enough. No need to shoot him, call 911 and try to help after he goes down...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by IPman View Post
    So the following scenario is very ridiculous and would probably never happen, but bear with me.
    Here goes:
    So you are at a gas station and you notice someone who seems absolutely normal, and for this reason your guard may be down a little. He is more then 20 feet away and is not doing anything to alert you.
    But all of a sudden the guy pulls out a knife and cuts his wrists deep enough to knick the arteries.
    Blood is literally squirting everywhere. The guy then drops the knife and starts running at you with the intent of getting his blood on you.
    Now what do you do?
    For all you know this guy could have full blown AIDS and he just wants someone else to share his fate…
    I guess I am wondering if this would warrant the use of deadly force.

Thoughts?
    call 911 and report it, I am not a leo nor am I an EMT there is little that I could do for him

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    He'd have to follow me around and around my vehicle until he turned into butter! Any old guys on here that know where that came from?
    My first experiance with "P C"- too bad, I used to love eating at Sambo's.
    wmhawth likes this.
    FW21

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links