How to handle this (or not)

This is a discussion on How to handle this (or not) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the sales girls came very close to trading blows with an ex customer outside the store today. Being the only guy (not to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How to handle this (or not)

How to handle this (or not)

One of the sales girls came very close to trading blows with an ex customer outside the store today.
    Being the only guy (not to sound sexist, just the way its looked at), I was asked to go out and make sure everything was ok.
    My first thought is I've got a gun on my hip, not a good thing. Second thought was, " I don't want to get in between 2 women fighting"

Luckily, the ex-customer left before it actually came to blows.

My question is how do you handle it if a fight breaks out between people if you actually give a damn about one or both of them and you're armed?

If I wasn't friends with either of them, I'd not interfere at all. (while carrying anyway) but what if it's a friend etc.

2. Remove Ads

You handle it as tactfully and gently as you can. If either makes a move on your gun, you get nasty. The other alternative, if available, is to disarm before mediating.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Why was the sales girl outside the store involved in an argument? Could she walk inside and call the police? My point is,how much was the sales girl contributing to the situation? If she was running her mouth instead of walking away,why is it your job to jump in?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

I'd try to talk sense to them, I would not become physically involved in their altercation, you could wind up with warrants being signed for you.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Why was the sales girl outside the store involved in an argument? Could she walk inside and call the police? My point is,how much was the sales girl contributing to the situation? If she was running her mouth instead of walking away,why is it your job to jump in?
    If the sales girl has gone out their on her own accord and wasn't snuck up on or an ambush style confrontation, then it was her choice, her fight and most of all not my problem.

This world is much to litigious to get involved unless you really have to.
    Last edited by rammerjammer; September 8th, 2011 at 12:59 AM.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Bringing a gun to a cat fight is not a good idea. If they decide to go at it and you get involved, then what?
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Pepper spray is a great all-purpose tenderizer!

Staying out of it would be a good idea. Unless the co-worker was just trying to go home, she made her bed, she'll have to worry about her own sheet.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Don't get in the middle of a girl fight (this particular one)...they each contributed...let them sort it out.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 8th, 2011 at 06:20 AM.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

William S. Burroughs said: "Never interfere in a boy & girl fight."
    I prefer "Never interfere."

If it is not your JOB to step in the middle, I would avoid it. Call a cop & be a good witness.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Real friends don't mind pepper spray.

Call 911. It's not your problem.............yet!

VIP Member
    I'd stay inside and if it got physical, call 911. The last place in the world I'd want to be in a cat fight is the middle of it!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    My co-worker had gone outside to avoid the altercation inside (more likely in hopes it would continue outside) and yes she was talking as much trash as the other lady.
    The whole thing was stupid and avoidable and both were equally in the wrong.
    As for jumping in, I personally wouldn't like for my co-worker to get hurt or go to jail, or for something like that to end up on the news outside where I work.
    I was still trying to decide what to do even after I went outside and found the situation diffused.

@ Guantes, (I had considered disarming, but both these ladies are nuts)

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Real friends don't mind pepper spray.
    I might even get a kick out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    One of the sales girls came very close to trading blows with an ex customer outside the store today.
    Being the only guy (not to sound sexist, just the way its looked at), I was asked to go out and make sure everything was ok.
    My first thought is I've got a gun on my hip, not a good thing. Second thought was, " I don't want to get in between 2 women fighting"

Luckily, the ex-customer left before it actually came to blows.

My question is how do you handle it if a fight breaks out between people if you actually give a damn about one or both of them and you're armed?

If I wasn't friends with either of them, I'd not interfere at all. (while carrying anyway) but what if it's a friend etc.
    many people carry a less than lethal weapon in addition to their gun, I usually have an asp in my pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links