Man robbed at baseball bat point - Page 2

Man robbed at baseball bat point

This is a discussion on Man robbed at baseball bat point within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You come at me with a bat, you better have a bullet proof bat and be able to hit a 1,022 mph fastball....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Man robbed at baseball bat point

You come at me with a bat, you better have a bullet proof bat and be able to hit a 1,022 mph fastball.
    HotGuns, WHEC724, smolck and 1 others like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    I gotta ask...baseball point?

How about a medium-sized can of pepper spray to assist in such a situation?
    It was one of them whittled down wood bats, they must have thought the guy they beat up was a vampire
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    In SC we have the Alter Ego Rule. It allows you to put yourself in the victim's position of imminent threat of death or great bodily injury and act accordingly. The trick is that you are a third party and you had better be 100% sure of what the circumstances are. Someone coming at someone else with a bat in hand is close to perhaps the imminent threat but to use your firearm is "iffy". If you really thought the intended victim was going to be smashed, you should be screaming and yelling and telling the bat guy to put the bat down or else; if he continues with the bat raised and is about to use it---that, IMO, is just cause for you to take action. If you come across the situation where a blow has just occurred and the potential for more blows is evident--that, IMO, is just cause for you to take action if you must. If the intended victim is me and my screaming and yelling is now followed by a raised bat, I would most definitely defend myself. In any of these situations, at least in SC, if your actions are deemed correct and there are no criminal charges, you are absolved and immune to civil charges. The real trick here is that you are the third party and, unless you were present from minute one and understood what is going on, you can involve yourself mistakenly and things can go horribly wrong.

I wouldn't intervene with my handgun right away. However if I had seen it I would say something, if they come at me, then it is 3 on 1 and one has a weapon. That is CLEAR disparity of force. I respond accordingly.

All that said, I too do not go to bars period. If you really think about it, almost ALL of the bad stuff that happens to people is avoidable if they make better choices. An ounce of prevention and all that.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    It depends on what state you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post

How about a medium-sized can of pepper spray to assist in such a situation?
    No way. Not even against 1 guy with a bat much less 3.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

baseball bat, crow bar, cheater bar, large brick.....ANYTHING that will make contact with my head or other body parts and kill me will be immediately countered with deadly force.........

"fear of death OR severe bodily injury".......i think any of those weapons could do either/or...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links