Real Scenario just happened few hours ago - Page 6

Real Scenario just happened few hours ago

This is a discussion on Real Scenario just happened few hours ago within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RugerRon I have no doubt that a capable man (which I'm sure you are) could deploy a pistol as an effective striking ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Real Scenario just happened few hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by RugerRon View Post
    I have no doubt that a capable man (which I'm sure you are) could deploy a pistol as an effective striking weapon. My saving grace was that my attackers were 2 honest to god crackheads that had ruined their minds and bodies with hard drugs rendering their combat abilities to something on par with a malnourished retard. None the less... one of those malnourished retards got in about 4-5 solid swats to my dome. My head had 1" 1/2 tall lumps and ached for 2 days, but when it happened I only felt faint dull thumps. Certainly came nowhere near incapacitating me.

My concerns would be that a guy who out sizes you by such a degree could just man-handle the gun away. Then you're for real f%*#'d.

Plus, once you draw a firearm (for whatever purpose), the legal implications jump into a different stratosphere.
    I'm very sorry to hear about your ordeal and hope you recovered fully.

Not knowing the method(s) used on you it is difficult to comment. Most people think of pistol whipping as just hitting someone in the head with a gun. It is a little more involved than that.

The use of oc (as I mentioned in my original post on this) would hopefully provide an opening to use the technique with the possibility of ending the incident at a force level lower than gunfire, if I perceived that level of threat.

The introduction of a firearm must be based on the perceived threat level. Yes there are legal implications.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    If some guy is tough enough AND angry enough to be ripping the stall door off while I'm in there minding my own "business", I will most certainly be in fear for my life, and if I have the presence of mind to warn him that I'm armed, and he continues, then I'm even MORE in fear for my life--he won't get the chance to get the door all the way open before I fire multiple rounds thru the door.....
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

well im late to the party on this thread.....

good Lord, you can't even go to the bathroom in lowes without getting beat on.......

CCW everywhere, everyday....

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    well im late to the party on this thread.....

good Lord, you can't even go to the bathroom in lowes without getting beat on.......

CCW everywhere, everyday....
    Since you're late to the party, you may wish to read Post #64 carefully. It seems the OP didn't have the facts when he logged on to breathlessly report this random act of violence. We're all waiting for him to clarify, but apparently, he now feels he cannot comment on the situation for some reason. In other words, the original story is hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Since you're late to the party, you may wish to read Post #64 carefully. It seems the OP didn't have the facts when he logged on to breathlessly report this random act of violence. We're all waiting for him to clarify, but apparently, he now feels he cannot comment on the situation for some reason. In other words, the original story is hogwash.
    ohhhhh, okay.....thanks for pointing that out.........as they say "something is rotten in Denmark"..........

so lets have it OP, did he deserve the beat-down or not??????

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Something may be "Rotten in Denmark", but if nothing else, from a scenario point of view, it is still a valuable discussion, you really never know--like the Natl Guardsmen in the IHOP.....
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Got my curiousity now .....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

There was an update by the OP, but it has disappeared.

Am I losing my mind or has some of the posts from the OP been deleted?

Maybe there should be a notation somewhere if that's the case.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Not unless I am also.

The question is if they were administratively deleted or deleted by the OP.

Keep talking amongs ourselves... the antis think were all unbalanced anyway....

where'd the OP go? Who cares, we're having a conversation any ol' way.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I posted it then deleted it myself. I wrote it in a hurry and realized it didnt make much sense.

It appears to have been an organized, orchestrated attack although we do not know for sure. Apparently my friend, the victim, borrowed a sum of money from a shady acquaintance that has been busted for money laundering in the past. About 30 minutes after the attack my friends phone rang and it was the creditor who said "will you be paying by tomorrow?" and he hung up.

About 20 minutes following that, my friends boss called him and asked if he was okay. My friend, obviously confused how he knew about it already, asked how he knew, and the boss said "a man just called and said you had an issue and that you might not be able to make it to work for a while."

How is it possible the creditor already knew? Even if he has been following the victim around prior, how would he have known about the attack? He was not in the bathroom and my friend would have seen him on the way out with the police. We're all putting two and two togfether that it more than likely was a gooney from the creditor.

Friend has fractures cheek bone and eye socket. Face still all lumpy.

Debt remains unpaid.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post

Friend has fractures cheek bone and eye socket. Face still all lumpy.

Debt remains unpaid.
    I'd be paying that debt tomorrow!

This is what happens when you deal with "loan sharks."

Next visit may result in being in a wheelchair the rest of his life.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Play with the sharks, you might get bit.. if he can't pay the note, he oughta at least pay the vig... stay healthy long time paying the vig.
    MadMac likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

not sure what a vig is?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links