Real Scenario just happened few hours ago

This is a discussion on Real Scenario just happened few hours ago within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My good friend and coworker walked into our local home improvement store (national chain) this morning at 10:30. He was looking for a shower curtain ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Real Scenario just happened few hours ago

Real Scenario just happened few hours ago

My good friend and coworker walked into our local home improvement store (national chain) this morning at 10:30. He was looking for a shower curtain rod and made a pit stop to the bathroom. While washing his hands a man walked in, furious, yelling that he was going to whoop his *** for sleeping with his wife. My friend is a very kind, compassionate man that has been a youth leader at church for years. He began apologizing for the confusion and tries to convince the much larger man that he has the wrong guy.

The man then attacks him and beats him very horribly for around 9 minutes (which is an ETERNITY in a fight). A few employees heard the noise and came in screaming for the man to stop but he wuold not. They actually called the police and through the whole response time for the PD and them running through the store, the beating continued. The police were actually the ones to break up the fight.

My father said my friend called him and asked if he could come outside. I have not seen him since the incident, but my father said its HORRIBLE. head 3-4 times swollen, eyes swollen shut, lips split and swollen like there is an orange peel in his mouth. This guy is the kindest, gentlist man who has had a very tough life. Breaks my heart to hear about this sensless violence. I texted him and he has been in the ER for 4 hours waiting to be seen.

BG was arrested on spot.
    ”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Reading that made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I pray that your friend will recover.

A few employees heard the noise and came in screaming for the man to stop...
    Fer cryin' out loud, they're in a store full of fine weapons of self defense. Why didn't one of the workers grab a shovel or box of tile and whack the guy?!?!?!?!?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Your friend should have been carrying. Would have saved himself a horrendous arse whoopin. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

I'm not saying this is true by any means, but he wouldn't be the first "kindest, compassionate, church youth leaders" to sleep with another guys wife. That happens, and usually not a whole lot of people would know about it.

However, if it was truly an unwarranted assault, at some point, deadly force may have been warranted. Other than that, I don't know what to say. When you don't carry any defensive tools, you're kind of limited in your response.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Bark'n is (as usual), correct. Kind and compassionate are wonderful qualities, but without the ability to defend themselves, good people will become extinct.
    Tzadik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Fer cryin' out loud, they're in a store full of fine weapons of self defense. Why didn't one of the workers grab a shovel or box of tile and whack the guy?!?!?!?!?
    And exactly how do you know which one to "whack" with a deadly weapon?
    Walking into a situation that has already unfolded WITHOUT your presence and determining who is in the right or wrong isn't exactly easy... Just sayin...
    Pistology likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Really sorry to hear about that. Sometimes any of us can end up in a very bad place at a very bad time.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Indeed I may have even took a swing or twelve with shovel .

I need to save ammo being jobless

As far as who to "whack"........

If an individual becomes totally defenseless and the beating continues, its time for it to stop or be stopped.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

That is a familiar theme..co-worker was sucker punched/attacked while seated at a resturant (with his bride)..no warning..no mercy..got up off the floor and proceded to put his attacker in the hospital...martial arts..wife stopped him as soon as she could..juy was in custody while in the hospital..musta been weeks...admitted that my friend "reminded" him of the juy that screwed his wife..idiot was from Europe but had a house in the state's..co-worker and his attorny got that..the dumb as.. (with anger and memory issues) never showed for court, or the law suit that was filed.....would have been a very different outcome had my friend not been restrained by his wife ....((aint nothin but a life))

VIP Member
    I'm not able to mix it up like I use to, so a non-lethal device is about all I'd be willing to use in this circumstance.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

This was my original post:

1. Are you sure you have the whole story? Was your friend sleeping with the guys wife?

2. Why didn't you friend defend himself? Why didn't he shoot before he got a beating?

Updated post:

After new information---my sympathies to your friend....no way he should have taken that kind of a beating...but hopefully will carry all the time.
    Last edited by SIGguy229; September 9th, 2011 at 02:44 PM.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Why didn't he shoot before he got a beating?
    I saw nothing to indicate that the victim had a gun.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I'm not able to mix it up like I use to, so a non-lethal device is about all I'd be willing to use in this circumstance.
    I am confused. Are you saying that you would take the beating this guy took if the only tool you had on you was a gun?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links