early morning door pounding = gun drawn

This is a discussion on early morning door pounding = gun drawn within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I suspect that she could not find her butt, much less her key....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: early morning door pounding = gun drawn

I suspect that she could not find her butt, much less her key.
    BkCo1 likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

2. Remove Ads

Time to look for a new place to live in a different part of town maybe. Glad all was well.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    [QUOTE=oneshot;2032697]
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well, that's UF for ya'...murder suspects (who was caught, by the way...), rapists, robbers, drug dealers, etc. Yep, pretty much any major university now-a -days.

Glad there were no other surprises. Did you explain the stupidity of those actions to the drunk chick?[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Personally, I would explain to the bimbo roommate, that should she get so hammered again, that she cannot get home, unlock the door without assistance, she will be unceremoniously booted to the curb, WITHOUT WARNING. Her parents, who might also be footing some of the bill for the apt. would also get the same speech.
    She is endangering herself, let alone her roommates, who would be getting a call to come get her from God knows where, should she not be able to make it back.

Good riddance to bad baggage.
    I would have to vote for leaving her sorry alcohol soaked carcass out there on the concrete until she's sober enough to open the door herself.

Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    I fear the same thing with the peep hole or getting the door kicked in while looking through it.
    I have a peep-hole big enough to see through from a foot or so away, and put my foot (sideways) against the bottom of the door. Not the BEST, but makes it a little harder to just kick the door open. Also, if I see you outside trying to kick my door in, I'll either go around the house and greet you with my .45, or stand ready inside with the shotgun. Either way, you're going to have a BAD day.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Though we're quick to throw the newbie drunk girl under the bus, I think if I could safely ascertain she was not a decoy or part of a HI ploy, I'd bring her in and then call someone - her parents, 911, something besides leave her there, and I suspect most of us would also when it came right down to it.

There's nothing as dramatic a a drunk college-aged girl without friends at her side.

Once the little princess is able to think straight (and that clearly is not the next morning), it's time to have a pow-wow with the whole 'household' and lay out what risks were involved with her behaviors, so neither she nor anyone else in the group repeats them.
    tcox4freedom and oneshot like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

You did the right thing by taking your piece with you to investigate the situation, but it sounds like you may have over-thought things a bit. Having a drunk roomate come home at 2:00 am is nothing unusual in a college dorm. When you visit there you can't expect your girlfriend's roomates to follow your idea of "acceptable behavior".

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Old Vet and Archer say it all for me. A bit of imagination and a little paranoia (although words tend to exaggerate actions), too many roommates (particularly the drunk who should be thrown out of the apartment), and the initial call to 911, which should have been the first thing you do.

Can't see any reason why you couldn't have called out, "Who's out there?" or similar.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I had something similar happen a few years ago. It was around 2:30am and I was woken by somebody knocking on my front door. My first thought is that it was my parents because they live next door. I couldn't imagine who else would be at my house at such an hour without calling first. We don't have a peep hole, but we do have a window in the top of our front door but I have to stand on my toes to see anything out of it. I did that, and saw 3 black teenage boys standing there shooting the breeze with each other. I grabbed my Glock 19 and chambered a round. My wife grabbed her gun and stayed in the bedroom. I opened the door with one hand and my Glock in my other hand, hidden behind the door. I opened the door about 1 ft.

The first punk says, "Hey, is Courtney home?"

I reply, "Nobody by that name lives here."

Another punk says, "Hey come on bro, let me see her."

I reply, "I told you nobody by that name lives here! but I'm pretty sure there is a Courtney that lives in that house there, right across the street. Although she is 16 and I doubt her parents will appreciate you knocking on their door at this hour."

Punk replies, "Isn't this 406?"

I Reply, "No, this is 407, the house you want is across the street."

The punks give a dirty look and walk off. Didn't bother to apologize for waking us up. I never did ask the neighbors about that incident. I don't speak to them that often, though.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Though we're quick to throw the newbie drunk girl under the bus, I think if I could safely ascertain she was not a decoy or part of a HI ploy, I'd bring her in and then call someone - her parents, 911, something besides leave her there, and I suspect most of us would also when it came right down to it.
    Well, unless the gal looks like' your avatar I'm not letting her in.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    I know college years are a time to make mistakes and (hopefully) learn from them.

These are not new, nor unique scenarios.

I've made the mistake of sleeping at girlfriend's appt, only to be woken up by one of her girlfriend's drunken boyfriends showing up. After dealing with the annoyance of tossing him back out, that was an "oh, I get it" moment for me, when I realized that I valued my privacy and safety much more than the convenience of crashing in bimbo land.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I cannot believe that nobody's asked the single most important question:

How Hot was Party Chick?

The hotter she is, the more forgiving we should be. If it were not for college girls drinking WAY too much doing things they wouldn't do sober with people they wouldn't do sober, the world would be a poorer, less vibrant place.

She went out, got trashed, and is probably wishing you had shot her last night due to the hangover, or the photos of last night which are probably on facebook at this time. (See Katty Perry: Last Friday Night - Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - YouTube)

Further, I think you handled it fine for someone who's been woken up out of a deep sleep. You didn't kill anyone you didn't have to, your girlfriend thinks you are the man for handling the situation, and everything ended well.

You may have called the cops and let them handle it, and I wouldn't fault you for it, because that's an option, but you did it on your own, and it turned out well.

As always, do more training and you will be your own harshest critic.

(And seriously, is she hot? She sounds like she's hot, so pictures wouldn't be out of line here...)
    Harryball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    I cannot believe that nobody's asked the single most important question:

How Hot was Party Chick?

The hotter she is, the more forgiving we should be. If it were not for college girls drinking WAY too much doing things they wouldn't do sober with people they wouldn't do sober, the world would be a poorer, less vibrant place.

She went out, got trashed, and is probably wishing you had shot her last night due to the hangover, or the photos of last night which are probably on facebook at this time. (See Katty Perry: Last Friday Night - Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - YouTube)

Further, I think you handled it fine for someone who's been woken up out of a deep sleep. You didn't kill anyone you didn't have to, your girlfriend thinks you are the man for handling the situation, and everything ended well.

You may have called the cops and let them handle it, and I wouldn't fault you for it, because that's an option, but you did it on your own, and it turned out well.

As always, do more training and you will be your own harshest critic.

(And seriously, is she hot? She sounds like she's hot, so pictures wouldn't be out of line here...)
    LMAO, thats great (bolded)
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Another good reason that a few years of military service should be injected between HS and college. Gives one a chance to grow up, away from mommy and daddy, while still having some adult supervision.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Pictures of last night ended up online, I'm screwed...oh well...It's a blacked out blur, but I'm pretty sure it ruled...

Photos.

Or it didn't happen!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links