early morning door pounding = gun drawn - Page 3

early morning door pounding = gun drawn

This is a discussion on early morning door pounding = gun drawn within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by trainercb This weekend I'm visiting my girlfriend who lives right off campus at a major university. She shares an apartment with 2 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: early morning door pounding = gun drawn

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    This weekend I'm visiting my girlfriend who lives right off campus at a major university. She shares an apartment with 2 other roomates. This complex is extremely sketchy. Nothing but college aged kids. Lots of partying, fights, rapes, crime, etc. Last week a man was missing as prime suspect in a murder that lives in this complex. Well, early this morning at 2am we're all dead asleep in our different rooms (i'm in my girlfriend's room), when pounding starts on the door. I'm an EXTREMELY deep sleeper so I wake up to the dog barking, my girlfriend and the other roommate panicking and running around the apartment. They keep saying "no one is in the peep hole." I walk into the living room, and sure enough, steady and slow theres "KNOCK.....KNOCK.....KNOCK.....KNOCK" stops for like 30 seconds, then "BOOM.......BOOM......BOOM" I get my 19 and have it at low ready as I approach the door. When I have my eye to the peep hole, BOOM! someone knocks on it, but still there is no one in the peep hole.

So I back peddle from the door with my Glock at low ready towards the door as my GF and her roomate are behind me growing more and more panicked by the second. Right then my GF's phone rings. (Keep in mind it is 2:05 AM). Its from the OTHER roomate who we now notice is not in her room. The girl is screeming and sobbing pleading for us to let her in. I cautiously go to the door and still no one is in the peep hole. the girls behind me urge me to open it to see if she is there. So I slowly and with EXTREME SUSPENSION crack open the door, and sure enough, here is the 3rd roomate sprawled on her face drunk, sobbing, trying to crawl into the apartment. It was very creepy; think the scene in the horror movie The Ring when the demon girl creepily crawls up to the camera. My GF and her roomate rush over and pull her up and haul her to her bedroom.

This got me thinking about how terrible it could have been if some BG would have caught the other roomate, done something bad to her, then used her as a bait to get into the door for the other 2 girls. If the roomate wouldn't have called my GF I would have never opened the door.

Thoughts? Reactions? Did I handle this okay?
    lol the ring reference. its an apartment near a college sounds normal.
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Sounds like someone was doing the Asher Roth song "Man I Love College!"

FRESHMEN...DO SOMETHIN CRAZY!!!

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Well done, at the end of the night, everyone's home and safely in their beds. Thats what counts.

I'm not impressed by drunks with puke smell on their clothes who crawl around on their hands and knees. I wouldn't have opened the door, but then again it wasn't my apartment.

I think you did okay. You had your gun and you were ready for something bad.

Yeah, there are lots of ruses which are perpetrated to gain entry into peoples homes and apartments. Yeah, the roommate could have been used by some bad guys to gain entry. It happens and will continue to happen. You were prepared for something bad to happen, and under the circumstances, you were prepared as best you could have been.

I have no sympathy for people who get so trashed they urinate and puke on themselves and crawl on their bellies. Again, if it were my apartment and my roommate, they would have slept out in the hall until they could get in under their own power.

Now if you're college age like the drunk girl in the story, I suppose you probably don't quite hold the same attitude as I do yet. As you grow older, you likely will come to share my sentiments more readily.

There are more than just a few college kids who drink themselves to death these days. Acute alcohol poisoning is not an uncommon death for college kids who are out on their own for the first time and brainless. I look at it as thinning the herd.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Keep in mind, I was thinking the worst at the time. Literally, there are like 4-5 rapes a semester at her school. The first time I visited her (this was only the 2nd time visiting) I pulled up at the address and theres black kids all over the 2nd story overhang rapping and dancing. Guys, literally sitting on the roof! I walked right on by them as I went to the 3rd floor with my elbow tucked nicely on my G19
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Sometimes people get so serious about things they don't realize that stupid stuff is sometimes the best learning experience.

With her hangover, she's NEVER gonna get that trashed again.

College...I'm still kicking myself for not taking advantage of the fact my father worked for a beer distributor. I could have had anything I wanted for the cost of the can/keg deposit...never did.

Spent too much time in the library when I could have just showed up at parties and said "HI. I need help unloading the beer from the car. I've got about 7 cases, plus some more I'm not sure about...I think it's wine coolers or some thing..."

Dam.

That would have been nice.

Ah well. More material I'll think about when I'm depressed, thinking of wasted college years.

All's well that ends well....I would've called the police since I didn't see anyone thru the peephole.
    Sig Sauer P250
    Member-GeorgiaCarry.org
    US Navy 84-93

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links