The Ultimate reality show, hypothetical of course - Page 2

The Ultimate reality show, hypothetical of course

This is a discussion on The Ultimate reality show, hypothetical of course within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would be looking at the folks that tried to befriend me. Remember, it could be a woman and they can be quite sneaky. Ever ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Ultimate reality show, hypothetical of course

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I would be looking at the folks that tried to befriend me. Remember, it could be a woman and they can be quite sneaky. Ever watched the show "Snapped"?

What if the BG was set up to be the town doctor who by law is now allowed to ask if you own guns?
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I understand that the intent here is to solicit responses to the thread, as written. My first thought however, which has served me well for 69 years is situational awareness. I would never be in that warehouse in the first place. End of story.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I understand that the intent here is to solicit responses to the thread, as written. My first thought however, which has served me well for 69 years is situational awareness. I would never be in that warehouse in the first place. End of story.
    I see the OP trying to make a point, I may be wrong, but I see him trying to say we are in the warehouse everyday. These things are all out there and could happen at anytime in daily life. The question is, are you prepard for the worse of those, in the warehouse, that could come at anytime in your daily routine? We get into ruts as to what can and will happen, but that is not always the case.

As to your not being in the warehouse, in life we do not get to choose when or what happens as anything can happen anywhere and at anytime. Even when we try to not be there.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Bill: I agree that "what if" is always possible. Just sayin that prudent examination of your days comings and goings can go a long way to avoiding any potential problem. Hey if a warehouse is in a bad location, which, by definition, is usually the case (sure is not next to any subdivisions or housing I have ever lived in), it strikes me that there could or would be a number of things I could or would do prior to making a decision to be there and prior to entering the warehouse. I was an engineer and preplanning and processing my thoughts logically are built into me; I am not just going to go there because someone said so without analyzing where I am and what I am doing. Sorry to say, based on many threads, there seem to be a lot of people who just write their what ifs based on a failure to do any situational awareness and when I read their threads, my first thought is "what were you thinking and why did you do that" etal.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    The warehouse is a "set" for a tv type reality show.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Its a method to cause some self review.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Yes in the OP the warehouse was a set for TV, I think at the same time he is saying it is also our daily life. No matter what your situational awareness is can you guarantee that any one of those BGs he put in the warehouse WILL NOT show up where you are. Those in the IHOP shooting never dreamed that morning they would see a active shooter walk in with an AK and start shooting. Those in the Oklahoma bombing I don't think thought anything about someone setting off a bomb around a Federal Building, they even bought their kids to a daycare in the building.

If I know anything about life it is that there are no guarantees. The OP is trying to get us all to thing about the what ifs. With what you carry everday are you prepard to meet the worst one of those BG in his posting? Is it something you need to think about? I know I do and have.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links