Should I Watch My Back. - Page 2

Should I Watch My Back.

This is a discussion on Should I Watch My Back. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some people just are heartless. I'd be very vigilant....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Should I Watch My Back.

VIP Member
    Some people just are heartless.
    I'd be very vigilant.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

When he gets served paper on this suit he will flipp out .

Should I just be extra careful and watch my back or am I being nuts.
    There is nothing to be gained by NOT watching your back. Your post indicates that you are concerned and not quite sure how this guy will react so watch your back. The way it sounds, losing that job might not be a bad thing.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Trust your instincts.
    +1. Your initial instinct (before you let thinking get in the way) is usually the correct one.

Hotwing..Please be sure you give your old boss something to worry about... and be pissed about...make sure if you have a wage and hour claim to make that claim, and to claim unemployment benefits, and if you can get a lawyer on consignment for your case even better...best to do some strategic/logical thinking...file unemployment first..then wage and hour claim on overtime, if you where cheated on overtime, I ll bet he cheated the state out of his payroll taxes..probably the feds to....figure first things first for you..then be ready for trouble....crappy employers remain crappy employers until you stand up for whats right...and whats right is for you to be treated as the law allows..and that you are paid what the law demands...AND like Thunder 71 said..trust your instincts...good luck

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Are you aware of any actions taken by him (or associates) to inflict violence? If so, consider a restraining order.
    I agree with this. If he's resorted to violence in the past and gotten away with it, it will only embolden him. We all know a restraining order isn't worth the paper it is written on, but if you were to have to protect yourself, it is 1 more piece of evidence in your favor.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    [QUOTEI ll bet he cheated the state out of his payroll taxes..probably the feds to....][/QUOTE]

I had not thought of that particular angle. IF it is true, this guy could have a lot of financial skeletons in the closet, and could become desperate. Desperate people do crazy, irrational things when the heat is on. I would not live my life in fear, but at the same time, I'd keep my SA fairly high until you see signs that you can relax somewhat..........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Do not discuss medical issues with your employer. Also, I agree with wmhawth; you're better off working elsewhere.
    HoganLongfellow likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    We can assume that he is going to be less than happy with you when he gets the papers.
    Of course I know nothing of your former employer other than what you have told us here, so anything we say here would just be based on that.
    So does he run a nursery school and go crying to a therapist when things don't go his way or is he a former mercenary with a history of law suits against him dropped because witnesses vanished?

I would not get totally paranoid about it but I would try to be a little more aware while out and about until everything is resolved.

^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You know your former boss better than anyone here.

Find out from the EEOC if he has a longstanding bad reputation with them.

How long have you worked there?

Has anyone else been "dismissed in less than scrupulous terms, similar to your???

Good luck.

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Dam that sucks!!!!!
    In the same situation though not quite as bad as far as health wise. First take care of YOURSELF. Being in the same Right To Work state here in GA I know firsthand what your going through with your employer. 28 years and as of 3/11/12 if I cant return
    to work I loose all severance, benifits ect. All these large companys just dont care anymore. Was a time when you were a name and a number. Now you are just a number. Keep up the good fight and dont let them win.I would probably be a little extra cautious but not let it bother me too much.

Again,take care of yourself first!! Life is to short. SOB'S will get what they deserve in the end.

Good Luck,
    TC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tclance View Post
    Again,take care of yourself first!! Life is to short. SOB'S will get what they deserve in the end.

Good Luck,
    TC
    I just want to comment on what I put in bold. My personal experience is that they do indeed get what they deserve, right here on earth, and if you are calm and patient you can watch it happen.

I have posted an allegedly old wise Indian saying here before; I'll try to get it right from memory, but even if I botch it a bit you'll get the idea.

"Sit quietly on the bank of the river. Eventually you'll watch the bodies of your enemies float by."

I have repeatedly seen the truth of this in my own life. I've seen it happen so often it is a bit frightening actually. There is justice in this world. Good luck.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I'm a physician, and deal with your situation not infrequently.
    Very, very unlikely you'll have any problems. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Good luck with it btw, I am sorry you're going through this.
    Find a place you feel safe, and let yourself heal. Maybe you have some friends or relatives who can watch your back
    while you are recuperating.
    I know that this is some real stress, and you'll need to find a way to get away from that stress to help recover.

G.

I too have worked for "pond scum" like your ex-boss. Unfortunately, I find that until someone pushes them, they ususally get what they want through bullying and scare tacics. The fact that this heartless no good fired you while you were in the hospital shows that he may be capable of just about anything. Being in condition orange 24/7 may be a good idea until this matter is resolved. I would definitely "watch my back" during this episode, and I think you are totally in tune with the potential ramifications that may come down from this ignorant twit.

Stay safe my friend, and hope you get to feeling 100% real soon. You gonna need to be strong on this one.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Best wishes for a good recovery and a good outcome.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Administrator
    What gain would he have harming you?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    What gain would he have harming you?
    Probably none, but some people aren't really interested in gaining anything. They just want to get even.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links