Should I Watch My Back. - Page 3

Should I Watch My Back.

This is a discussion on Should I Watch My Back. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand that, but I'm trying to peel back the layers here... what motivates the employer? Is it getting even, money... what? Personally I read ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Should I Watch My Back.

Administrator
    I understand that, but I'm trying to peel back the layers here... what motivates the employer? Is it getting even, money... what? Personally I read this as a bit of paranoia. But one needs to watch his back anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    What gain would he have harming you?
    Thanks to all for advice and support

I have been going nuts for about 90 days

This guy has owned the franchise for about 20 years .

I came on board one year ago when he bought store # 2 .

I worked those hours as a team player to get store # 2 to be a winner which it is.

I have 30 years in this indursty I thought I would give this guy a great 20 more years and be done.

To answer SIXTO , I guess in my mind I think this guy would stoop to any thing to make problem go away.

He is more talk I think . He is from N.J. Being I am a Florida Boy there is a diffreance in way we speak .Nuff said

Hot Wing, you're a member of this forum and you ask that question?

First of all, I'm very sorry for the situation you are in. That really sucks! Big Time.

Now back to the question.

It sounds like you worked for a real Grade "A" Jerk. And a hot head. Now you are bringing in the EEOC and the prospect of civil litigation. Yeah, of course you watch your back!!!

Now, with that said, I don't think you should freak out and become paranoid over the situation, but you should always be aware of the possibility that some sort of demonstration that your ex-boss has poor impulse control may come your way.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I wouldn't let my guard down. Especially if your ex-boss may have someone else come pay you a visit on his behalf.

Lot's of people talk tough and are big blowhards. And SIXTO has an excellent point. What gain would he have by harming you?

However, Gene83 speaks some truth as well. Some people aren't interested in gaining anything and just want to get even. I've known a lot of so-called adults who held positions of authority act really juvenile and show very poor impulse control.

So there you have it. The odds are that he isn't going to do Jack. He's gonna be busy enough responding to the EEOC and your attorney, but on the flip side, just don't be caught off guard.

People get burned because they underestimated what their opponent might do. Don't be one of those people.

Good luck in your action against him. And I hope you find a job real soon.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I understand that, but I'm trying to peel back the layers here... what motivates the employer? Is it getting even, money... what? Personally I read this as a bit of paranoia. But one needs to watch his back anyway.
    Sorry to butt in. Couldn't resist. Just think of me as that annoying kid who was always waving his hand frantically when a question was asked.

"I know the answer!!! I know the answer!!!"
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Hot Wing, you're a member of this forum and you ask that question?

First of all, I'm very sorry for the situation you are in. That really sucks! Big Time.

Now back to the question.

It sounds like you worked for a real Grade "A" Jerk. And a hot head. Now you are bringing in the EEOC and the prospect of civil litigation. Yeah, of course you watch your back!!!

Now, with that said, I don't think you should freak out and become paranoid over the situation, but you should always be aware of the possibility that some sort of demonstration that your ex-boss has poor impulse control may come your way.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I wouldn't let my guard down. Especially if your ex-boss may have someone else come pay you a visit on his behalf.

Lot's of people talk tough and are big blowhards. And SIXTO has an excellent point. What gain would he have by harming you?

However, Gene83 speaks some truth as well. Some people aren't interested in gaining anything and just want to get even. I've known a lot of so-called adults who held positions of authority act really juvenile and show very poor impulse control.

So there you have it. The odds are that he isn't going to do Jack. He's gonna be busy enough responding to the EEOC and your attorney, but on the flip side, just don't be caught off guard.

People get burned because they underestimated what their opponent might do. Don't be one of those people.

Good luck in your action against him. And I hope you find a job real soon.
    Thanks bark'n I really hope I get the park ranger job

That would be soooooooooo cool I have spent many days in that park camping and fishing .

That would be a real job

Good luck buddy!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    "Hotwing", I have worked in and around the "car business" many more years than I care to count. Most all of the owners or dealer principles I have been around, with the exception of only a couple, were what I would call "control freaks", some to the point employees even called them "maniacs".
    They all like to talk a lot bigger and badder than they actually are/were. In my opinion 98% of is hot air...you need to figure out if this guy fits in the 98% or if he is in the 2%.

Were there any "odd" occurrences in regard to any ex or terminated employees?
    I would not lie awake at night and lose sleep over it, but a little extra SA would not hurt.

In answer to "Sixto" about what he would have to gain...If there is an EEOC lawsuit, he could have a lot to gain by it "going away".
    It could quite possibly cost him tens or even hundreds of thousands.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    "Hotwing", I have worked in and around the "car business" many more years than I care to count. Most all of the owners or dealer principles I have been around, with the exception of only a couple, were what I would call "control freaks", some to the point employees even called them "maniacs".
    They all like to talk a lot bigger and badder than they actually are/were. In my opinion 98% of is hot air...you need to figure out if this guy fits in the 98% or if he is in the 2%.

Were there any "odd" occurrences in regard to any ex or terminated employees?
    I would not lie awake at night and lose sleep over it, but a little extra SA would not hurt.

In answer to "Sixto" about what he would have to gain...If there is an EEOC lawsuit, he could have a lot to gain by it "going away".
    It could quite possibly cost him tens or even hundreds of thousands.
    Thats what I thought to about going away

Odd Ex employess goes with out saying .

One was let go last year he was there for over 10 years.

The odd part he was let go for theft that had be going on the whole time .

Owner knew about it the whole time odd enough

After being out of it for a while and haveing time to really think about it all .

In one way its very good that I am out of it .

Stubborn knows to well what I mean.

There is some other things that went on that I just wont post here

In closeing I will say that when I went a board with this company I did ask and got the green light to carry.

The owner also now has a carry permitt.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    If there is an EEOC lawsuit, he could have a lot to gain by it "going away". It could quite possibly cost him tens or even hundreds of thousands
    I would be concerned if I won a settlement against him too, which wouldn't take away the animosity.

At my last job, I worked with a guy who had a friend that was in the used car business. When he would have someone fail to pay, he hired an illegal from Nicaragua to collect for him, typically paying him $500 cash. The illegal came back with a good check, every time.
    Last edited by noway2; September 22nd, 2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: typo

If there is an EEOC lawsuit, he could have a lot to gain by it "going away". It could quite possibly cost him tens or even hundreds of thousands

There will at some point be a settlement

That indeed has my attention

This is why all my interior walls are mirrors,well,except for the ones that I've already shot.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post

There will at some point be a settlement

That indeed has my attention
    I think the wage and hours issue is more of a real threat to him than EEOC stuff. EEOC stuff is always civil. Violations can cost big bucks but never jail. Wage and hours investigations (if one gets started) sometimes turn up serious additional violations which have criminal components; things such as tax evasion.

You pushed two buttons. A normal person in his position would be furious but would simply hire a lawyer and count it all as part of doing business. A blow-hard and a hot head, maybe a coward as well, there is no telling what he will do.

The good news I think is that he has managed to stay in business all these years and not get in trouble with the law to this point. Therefore, he probably has some internal controls on his conduct even if he has little conscience.

Oh, you say he has a CHL. Did I read that correctly? Are you sure he isn't seeing your posts here?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but it pays to be careful. The fact that he talked about "breaking knee caps" shows at least that the thought of doing bodily harm to his opponents or enemies crossed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I think the wage and hours issue is more of a real threat to him than EEOC stuff. EEOC stuff is always civil. Violations can cost big bucks but never jail. Wage and hours investigations (if one gets started) sometimes turn up serious additional violations which have criminal components; things such as tax evasion.

You pushed two buttons. A normal person in his position would be furious but would simply hire a lawyer and count it all as part of doing business. A blow-hard and a hot head, maybe a coward as well, there is no telling what he will do.

The good news I think is that he has managed to stay in business all these years and not get in trouble with the law to this point. Therefore, he probably has some internal controls on his conduct even if he has little conscience.

Oh, you say he has a CHL. Did I read that correctly? Are you sure he isn't seeing your posts here?
    Quote :You pushed two buttons. A normal person in his position would be furious but would simply hire a lawyer and count it all as part of doing business. A blow-hard and a hot head, maybe a coward as well, there is no telling what he will do.

Very doughtful he is looking at this .

And I would agree wage and hour is Mac Daddy for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Grantspastor View Post
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but it pays to be careful. The fact that he talked about "breaking knee caps" shows at least that the thought of doing bodily harm to his opponents or enemies crossed his mind.
    Very true here is the problem thus the whole scenario.

He is too much of a coward for him to be one on one .

Please dont think that I come across as a " Johnny bad @ss " not my style .

My problem has allways been the good / nice Guy . till someone backs me in corner with no way out .

Then its on .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links