How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home - Page 2

How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home

This is a discussion on How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Rem 870 with 00 buck, backed up by my Kimber .45. We have "castle doctrine" here in Ohio. They enter my house, the threat ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home

My Rem 870 with 00 buck, backed up by my Kimber .45. We have "castle doctrine" here in Ohio. They enter my house, the threat gets "stopped".
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Flash mobs in my neighborhood? Probably never happen but if it does, I am ready.

IMG_0503.jpg
    WHEC724, joker1 and jace33 like this.

VIP Member
    In a case like that, or any home invasion as far as that goes, I'd forgo the AR unless it was the only thing available. My first choice would be a 12 gauge pump loaded with 00 buckshot. You'll take out 1 if not more with the first shot. The mob mentality is that they are anonymous. Seeing someone in the mob hitting the ground from a full load of shot will turn them into the sniveling cowards they are.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I'm going to go clean my 870p now.
    JDE101 and MattInFla like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i would agree with that...both my AR and Winchester Defender are close by and the Defender is loaded right now with 6 rounds of #4 buck....and M&P 9c is always with me.....

This is the reason my AR has 2 30rnd mags loaded w/HP .223 ammo and is always at the ready. Texas has a castle doc so the second someone crosses the threshold I start building a pile of dead BGs. I figure that by the time I am having to reload the pile should be big enough to block most of the doorway and allow me enough time to reload.

This is (unfortunately) becoming more and more common. I absolutely hate hearing about these stories, but facts are facts, and I will protect my family until my last breath on this earth, even if that means taking out someone else's teenage son. And I couldn't care less what race or color they are, white bodies stack up the same as black or brown at my doorway.

OpJ

VIP Member
    Thread: "How would you handle this"
    The OP is being rhetorical, right? I ask this merely as the white m___________ker with the guns.
    tcon67 likes this.

While the victim handled this at the lowest level possible, I would bet that it is not over.

Unless the community comes to the aid/defense of the victim, he will have to move sooner or later. It is not possible for an individual who must earn a living to protect his home/family 24/7.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    While the victim handled this at the lowest level possible, I would bet that it is not over. Unless the community comes to the aid/defense of the victim, he will have to move sooner or later. It is not possible for an individual who must earn a living to protect his home/family 24/7.
    Unfortunately, I suspect that you are correct. There will undoubtedly be a racially motivated retaliation at some point. At a minimum, it will be little things, here and there, and a "nobody saw nuttin".
    As far as the incident goes, this is one of those cases where even in states without castle doctrine in place (e.g. NC until 12-1), that an SD shooting would be pretty clear cut: armed mob kicks down door of family home to attack an otherwise uninvolved 3rd party for harboring two juveniles who were going to be mauled by the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Stories like this are becoming more common and it does make me think. I never wanted to buy an AR or AK but the decision is being pushed towards need vs. preference.
    I always thought my ole double barrel and 30-30 would be all I'd need. But like you said these stories are getting more common, and not just in big cities either. Something in the semi-auto line is sounding better all the time.

Go big or go home use to be the saying, now I would suspect that it would be "go big while at home"
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

This will continue until we take our country back. This liberal, political correctness, and everyone is special has got to stop. We need to put teeth in the laws and their needs to be minimum jail time for this type of behavior. Surely they can come up with more than 3 people that had something to do with it. Wonder why our great liberal press didn't cover this. And how about the lack of coverage from Denver, Philidelphia, Chicago concerning these gangs that are targeting whites. What a different country we have now.

Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth. Teddy Roosevelt
    tcon67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Highhawk View Post
    This will continue until we take our country back. This liberal, political correctness, and everyone is special has got to stop. We need to put teeth in the laws and their needs to be minimum jail time for this type of behavior. Surely they can come up with more than 3 people that had something to do with it. Wonder why our great liberal press didn't cover this. And how about the lack of coverage from Denver, Philidelphia, Chicago concerning these gangs that are targeting whites. What a different country we have now.

Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth. Teddy Roosevelt
    Amen! and when they go to prison make them know for darn sure when they get out thats a place they NEVER want to go back to.

this is happening more and more often.....what needs to happen EQUALLY as often is these thugs bust down a homeowners door and all of them get ventilated with his weapon of choice.........

pistol, shotgun, AR15, whatever.......i don't believe there is such a thing as going "overboard" in todays criminal climate
    tcon67 likes this.

Most homes have a choke point at or near the front door, if they kick the door in use the choke point to pile up the bodies even with a 5 shot snubby.

In my thinking, to make a stand against a mob you have to out gun them in a tight choke point.

In Texas even your yard is considered a part of your area of protection for yourself and others against attack, and is a justified area of defense.

Point is in Texas the home owner could have cleared the mob out that was a threat even in his yard.

If I could not have handled the situation by my self, my wife would not hesitate to put the mob down.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links