Defensive Carry banner

How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home

9K views 94 replies 61 participants last post by  Kahnkem 
#1 ·
I used question having my EDc on me or close by while at home until I read this article on Drudge. The homeowner needs to rethink his home security....what are your thougts on how you would have handled this situation.

Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/27/2011

I'm thinking that as soon as they kicked in the door, they would have seen the business end of my AR-15 with a chambered round ahead of 29 other rounds or at least the speaking end of a 12 ga shotgun? Would the AR-15 be going a little overboard?

#73 ·
Back in the day if someone had a beef with you, he ran you down in the neighborhood, you fought.... nobody else got involved they just watched. No matter who won, 9 times out of 10 you shook hands and became friends or at the very least no longer enemies. Nobody ran home to get a bunch of their friends, nobody ran home to get a weapon.... they was more respect, honor, and integrity back then.... Tommy Lee Jone's character said it best in No Country for Old Men: But I think once you quit hearing "sir" and "ma'am," the rest is soon to foller.

#74 ·
I think that depends on the location and what "back in the day" means. I hit the streets of East L.A. in the mid 60's. We had twenty to thirty gangs and they were fighting, clubbing, stabbing and shooting almost every chance they got.

#78 ·
Mobs welcome to try and invade my house.

:scratchchin::22a::yup:After my 40 round colt mag is expended I will continue onto my magpul p mags, A total of 160 5.56 62 grain green tip LAP rounds. Then I will continue on to my S&W M&P shooting of my 14 round mag+1 then moving down to my other 4 ten round mags, Total of 55 .45 auto 230 gr hollow points. If there is more I will continue to blind people with my weapon light and pistol whip them till they are either dead or running away. :aargh4:

Attachments

Reactions: Spartacus100
#80 ·
I used question having my EDc on me or close by while at home until I read this article on Drudge. The homeowner needs to rethink his home security....what are your thougts on how you would have handled this situation.

Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/27/2011
I'm thinking that as soon as they kicked in the door, they would have seen the business end of my AR-15 with a chambered round ahead of 29 other rounds or at least the speaking end of a 12 ga shotgun? Would the AR-15 be going a little overboard?
same here ! ! !

#81 · (Edited)
Here's to fine upstanding journalism:

ABOUT 11 P.M. on Sept. 9, dozens of youths with bats and pipes descended on a tidy residential area of Port Richmond looking for white teens
And.........

Police arrested Bergson Morin, 21, of Rosehill Street near Wyoming Avenue, Feltonville, as the man with the gun. They arrested Enrique Delgado, 32, of Rockland and C streets, Feltonville, as the man who hit LaVelle with the pipe. And they arrested a 17-year-old juvenile as the one who punched LaVelle in the face, giving him a black eye.
A 21 and a 32 YO inciting some kids.

We got 3 million acres of Pike National Forest out here, and plenty of abandoned mine shafts over in the mining districts. I'd love for ya'll to come join us. We do not hanker to put up with this kind of behavior.

Reactions: tcon67
#83 ·
Thank the the "War on Drugs" for creating a black market for them to exploit for funding. Shame we did learn our lesson with prohibition the first time. No amount of laws will make anyone a perfect, Christian, upstanding citizen no matter how many AFT helicopters we buy. :frown:

#87 ·
Wow.

I read this post before bed last night, from start to finish. The mob invasion really got me thinking, in fact it took me awhile to get to sleep. Like most of the DC members, I too would have grabbed a gun or two, had my wife and family in the bedrooms with more guns, and used the tools at hand to defend my castle regardless of cost. I think we all agree on this, we are "gun" people, and we will defend ourselves when necessary. I got that.

Now to the part that interrupted my peaceful slumber. Several members posted that the home owner did a couple of things right, sent his family to safe rooms, had the wife call 911 etc. Some people posted that he should have had a gun. DUH, this is a gun forum. My thoughts turned to the homeowners actions:

#1 He was probably not a gun person. I gotta believe that if he had, had a gun that it would have been brought into play. Not having a gun at hand does not make him a bad person. I would imagine a gun to be in his near future though.

#2 He was a hero. He met some teenagers who needed help. Not only did he help, but he opened his house to the kids, not thinking of the outcome, only that he needed to do the RIGHT thing. Without regard for his personal safety, he put others needs in front of his . When he came under attack he did not wither. He stood his ground against all odds. In the end, he stood like an old oak tree.

#3 This guy may not be one of us, but no one should fault his resolve, or his will to do the right thing. His family should be proud. I am sick and tired of hearing about namby pamby sheep that run and hide in the face of adversity. He is neither a sheep or one to run and hide.

We need more people who have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing, regardless of the cost. My hat is off to this hero. Thank you for bolstering my belief in humanity.

His family should be proud. I am

#88 ·
I`m from Philly and moved to Florida to escape the "Youth" violence back in the `70`s. The "Hood" is now the whole City,you`re not safe Anywhere. I was back there last year and couldn`t believe the destruction of my old neighborhood,Germantown. Looked like a War Zone!. If anybody kicks in my front door Hamburger Hill will look like a picnic after the 12GA gets done. 911 will be informed to bring a LOT of body bage and a Large clean up crew. We ALL hope that Never happens!!. Always Carry,Never Tell.

#91 ·
Call cops, take out Saiga 12 gauge and point at door. Unless its a damn swat team coming through no one will make it six inches past that door. 9 shots, 1.5 seconds to reload 8 shots. With slugs loaded I highly doubt past shot one or two anyone even bothers to keep coming.

Damn thats a scary story.

#94 ·
I'd have to say the line was crossed.

My wife at first didn't like the idea of me being armed around the house. Then I mentioned to her that if I wasn't armed and the door was kicked open she would be left to entertain our "guests" while I retrieved a weapon. No further objections have been offered.

Kick in my door, enter my house, meet the coroner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.