How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home

This is a discussion on How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Guantes While the victim handled this at the lowest level possible, I would bet that it is not over. Unless the community ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: How would you handle this -- Mob Attack In Home

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    While the victim handled this at the lowest level possible, I would bet that it is not over.

Unless the community comes to the aid/defense of the victim, he will have to move sooner or later. It is not possible for an individual who must earn a living to protect his home/family 24/7.
    Yeah, in an urban environment this is not the last time this man and his family will be in danger... and had he defended with arms, he would have had that to do again... Brings to mind the Lance Thomas story... he was in several gunfights at his watch shop... but the last perps he put away were 'bangers. The gang then threatened not only his store but his customers as well... he had to move his business away... to appointment only, call first.

So, in a case like this, I would be prepared to move to a different locale.

As to how to defend against it, he did a fair job for not being armed... but I would have been armed and started stackin' 'em up as they entered. If the rest of the mob wants to step over the bodies and try their luck, more power to 'em.
    Bark'n likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

It happened again in a Philly suburb only this time there were shots fired and a 2 year old child was among the wounded....

2-year-old shot in mob brawl in S. Philly | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/28/2011

if this really doesnt belong under this thread, i apologize. i know it doesnt have alot of ties to concealed carry but in a way i think it does, especially around the home. i know it makes me feel the need to carry everywhere the law allows, even in my own home.

Quote Originally Posted by tcon67 View Post
    I know one thing. When I read stories like this I am glad I live in Ky. Things like that just would not happen here without some very serious consequences. As for your question of whether the AR would be going overboard. In this instance I dont think ANYTHING would have been overboard.
    Agree to that brother. Lotta POS that thrive in "anywhere else America", would be found face down in a creek or cornfield round these parts.

But a better question that is opposite of the OPs question of what would I do, is, what would the mob do when their brain matter started to scatter.... when I open up on the first in line.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Charges of "hate crime" for the mobsters?

I wouldn't have gone outside and if my door is kicked in I have obvious reason to be fearful for my life and the lives of my family. Multiple rounds of OO buck until the mob chooses to leave would be my COA. Luckily the wife would have my back with her own. My hopes is that would be enough to ruin their resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Agree to that brother. Lotta POS that thrive in "anywhere else America", would be found face down in a creek or cornfield round these parts.

But a better question that is opposite of the OPs question of what would I do, is, what would the mob do when their brain matter started to scatter.... when I open up on the first in line.
    Amen and Amen !!! Basketball aint the only thing we take seriously in Ky. living ranks right up there a close second!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hkchris View Post
    Charges of "hate crime" for the mobsters?

I wouldn't have gone outside and if my door is kicked in I have obvious reason to be fearful for my life and the lives of my family. Multiple rounds of OO buck until the mob chooses to leave would be my COA. Luckily the wife would have my back with her own. My hopes is that would be enough to ruin their resolve.
    It can only be a hate crime in this country if the mob is predominately white..... otherwise it is just misunderstood kids.
    tcon67 likes this.

Definitely have someone dial 911 and no overkill....simply kill in defense. No hesitation to use everything i have to protect me and mine.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Is there really any question here?
    Mike1956 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    It can only be a hate crime in this country if the mob is predominately white..... otherwise it is just misunderstood kids.
    Sad, yet accurate commentary.

This guy needs to move, but first needs to buy a 12 ga and lots of 00 buckshot. It's sad because he knew some of these people and they knew him, which is probably why he went out to talk in the first place. This is an example of total lawlessness that is unfortunately present in many inner cities.

If this happened in my house, I would have no other choice than to open fire. The first one to make it in would be the last one to make it out.

Smile and wait for the Flash........fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post

Same here, we have a "little" part of the state round here called The Ozarks... Maybe you've heard of it.

"The 'Zarks" also runs down into parts of Arkansas as well. In the Ozarks there's about a million and a half acres or so called, "Mark Twain National Forrest." Not exactly what I'd call Alaska, but it'll do.

As a side note, I've learned a little bit about Kentucky from watching two seasons of Justified on FX.
    Catfan63 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Same here, we have a "little" part of the state round here called The Ozarks... Maybe you've heard of it.

"The 'Zarks" also runs down into parts of Arkansas as well. In the Ozarks there's about a million or so acres called, "Mark Twain National Forrest." Not exactly what I'd call Alaska, but it'll do.
    I still play guitar, but I've been thinking about picking up the 5-string banjo. I just like the effect it would have as I sit on my porch.

New sign posted outside this guys house:

a20791e12b7cd79f7d1cb4_s.JPG

OpJ

In my home, the answer will be a main course of 00 buck, with a .45 chaser.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links