Support for a good shoot

Support for a good shoot

This is a discussion on Support for a good shoot within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Eighteen people have died in Northern Ireland from "one-punch attacks" in the past seven years, police have said." BBC News - 18 'killed by one-punch ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Support for a good shoot

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

Support for a good shoot

"Eighteen people have died in Northern Ireland from "one-punch attacks" in the past seven years, police have said."
    BBC News - 18 'killed by one-punch attacks' in Northern Ireland

Saw this article today, and know of at least 5 similar occurances in the Western US in the last year. Tends to support CA's rule,
    (Penal Code Section 197 Justifiable Homicide; Any Person. Homicide is justifiable when committed by any person in any of the following cases:
    1. When resisting any attempt to murder any person, or to commit a felony, OR TO DO SOME GREAT BODILY INJURY upon any person;)

No reason to play "Chuck Norris" and wait to get hit first. Besides, I'm "delicate".

My age prevents me from being willing to take abuse anymore!
    RETSUPT99 and scgunlover1 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'm with Hiram25. I no longer have the speed, agility, or conditioning to take any abuse.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Yep...me too. I'm too young to die and too old to take a beating.
    The only beating I'm willing to suffer is from recoil.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And when the prosecutor brings up the fact that those "One Punch" kills account for .000001% of all punches thrown in the same time period what do you think your chances of being considered justified will seem like then?

Then you may end up praying to be struck by lightning, which is better odds than the "One Punch" kill probability.

Spinal Cord injury/fused C7-T1 severe handicap,I'm not taking a punch if I can help it IMHO it would be life threatening
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My lawyer will ask the jury if this 68 year old with spinal stenosis of the lower back, arthritic hands/elbows, and a bad knee looks like he should take the chance on the one punch not being the "lucky" one. I'll take my chance that they are reasonable folks.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    And when the prosecutor brings up the fact that those "One Punch" kills account for .000001% of all punches thrown in the same time period what do you think your chances of being considered justified will seem like then?

Then you may end up praying to be struck by lightning, which is better odds than the "One Punch" kill probability.
    Don't ever pray to be hit by lightning, I've been struck, and it's no fun.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

If the guy looked like some of the gorillas I've seen in jail, I think a good lawyer could pull it off.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Administrator
    "And when the prosecutor brings up the fact that those "One Punch" kills account for .000001% of all punches thrown in the same time period what do you think your chances of being considered justified will seem like then?"

That's when you have your defense attorney ask the prosecutor if you can take your very best shot at him and hit him...just once.
    ampinf likes this.

If it comes down to a point where you are about to take a physical beating from 1-3 individuals (mob attacks withstanding), undoubtedly it could have and should have been deescalated long before hand, ergo, you made some bad decisions along the line.

Your typical muggers and other BGs don't rely on physical beatings to get their payday.

The ones that are out there simply for the purpose to "go beat the out of someone" you will have no warning, and very little chance to do anything before the first blow hits.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Don't ever pray to be hit by lightning, I've been struck, and it's no fun.
    Congratulations on surviving, and being a statistical anomaly. I'm sure there are those who would assert you provoked the lightning prior to being struck, and could have done more to prevent the attack.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    If it comes down to a point where you are about to take a physical beating from 1-3 individuals (mob attacks withstanding), undoubtedly it could have and should have been deescalated long before hand, ergo, you made some bad decisions along the line.

Your typical muggers and other BGs don't rely on physical beatings to get their payday.

The ones that are out there simply for the purpose to "go beat the out of someone" you will have no warning, and very little chance to do anything before the first blow hits.
    Right there's your best answer. Think sucker punch. One second there's an ominous guy who just invaded your space, then your world explodes. The only effective defense is to be alert and a jerk to anyone who tries to approach you. Once they get within jump distance you better be winding up for an attack. The obvious choice is pepper spray and/or a defensive motion to protect your head, other areas and weapon.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Right there's your best answer. Think sucker punch. One second there's an ominous guy who just invaded your space, then your world explodes. The only effective defense is to be alert and a jerk to anyone who tries to approach you. Once they get within jump distance you better be winding up for an attack. The obvious choice is pepper spray and/or a defensive motion to protect your head, other areas and weapon.
    Or the road rager who jumps out of his car at a light. If you can't drive away, you need to avoid the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Careful, you are going to get the "Everyone must wear helmets" people more ideas.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links