Halloween Security Measures. - Page 2

Halloween Security Measures.

This is a discussion on Halloween Security Measures. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cammo girl We opt out, it's easy to do here. Since when did Halloween get to be so gigantic anyways? I think ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Halloween Security Measures.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    We opt out, it's easy to do here.

Since when did Halloween get to be so gigantic anyways? I think it's creepy and makes fun of death, injury, and dental issues. Call me a party pooper, that's fine.
    I used to feel that way, and opted out for religious reasons. Then it occurred to me that when you take a morbid holiday and use it for good (such as a fun time for little ones), it becomes a celebration of victory over death, injury (and dental issues).

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Fayetteville a "Hoodie" town???,when did this happen??. Haven`t been there in about 25yrs. Was quiet then. Who`s to blame there??.

I no longer pass out candy,after the first year I was kinda shocked,I saw vans driving down the street with side doors open and kids sitting by open doors bailing out as they stopped,numerous "MEXICO" license plates,sorry it's more like an invasion than Halloween,I just go to a place and hang out with friends
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Fayetteville a "Hoodie" town???,when did this happen??. Haven`t been there in about 25yrs. Was quiet then. Who`s to blame there??.
    Fayette-Nam has always been a rough town. Was when I first went there TDY back in the early 70's. Wasn't much better the last time I was there in the early 90's.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I know I'm an old fart, but I remember when I was a kid, Halloween was a big deal.
    Kids miss out on enough stuff now-a-days with the world being so screwed up, I hate to see them miss out on free candy one day a year.
    just my $.02 cent opinion.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My household and our neighbors all sit out at the end of our driveways to pass out candy and visit while the kids walk from house to house. Who knows maybe we'll all pull our grills and coolers down again this year and make a block party out of it again.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Same as every year I get all fired up for Halloween. I even have quite a few kids from the less affluent part of town who come to my neighborhood to trick or treat.

It doesn't bother me a bit because they are well mannered and appreciative. I want kids to be safe and enjoy the great holiday. And if those kid's neighborhood is not safe then come to mine.

I'm not a big fan of teenagers coming to my door but I'd rather give them candy than deal with possible vandalism.

I will still be armed to the teeth though!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I don't do it anymore. I did when my kids were young. Then I answered the door with chains, a mask and a real Samurai sword. No one ever gave me any lick of trouble.

Now, the community has a "trunk or treat" in the church parking lot. Everyone dresses up and you decorate the car trunk or van or whatever you have and the kids go from car to car.

ARE YOU KIDDING .... I have a 5 month old grandson, and plan to show him off to all of the neighbors. He won't be great at eating the candy, but his older brother and sister will handle that for him.

His ... FIRST Halloween.

Besides, not much to worry about around here on Halloween.

I hang garlic & secret herbs around the door for home defenses.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Last Halloween, when passing out candy, I simply wore a t-shirt and jeans while my H&K USP was in a belt holster concealed under a photographer's vest. I also had my then S&W SWAT tactical folding knife (recently replaced by Spyderco Endura 4) clipped to my strong side pants pocket and my OC clipped to my lead side pants pocket.

I'll buy a bag of candy, but considering I'm on the 3rd floor of my apartment building I'm not expecting too many kids. I will be armed with my sidearm and the 870 will be out of its normal hidey hole and perched behind the door. I won't let the threat of doom and death stop me from handing out candy to kids, but I will be much more cautious.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I don't celebrate Halloween at home and I go out. I also put up a sign stating that "Trick or Treaters" are not welcome and that I am not home. If anyone comes to the door they will be told to leave and no candy is handed out.

Very few kids in our neighborhood any more. Turn all lights off in the house and be alert for any vandalism .
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I'm working again this year, should be interesting to be in a bad residential area during halloween.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

We don't do halloween. non-issue
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links