Airsoft for Training? - Page 2

Airsoft for Training?

This is a discussion on Airsoft for Training? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At one time I would have agreed with you, that airsoft was a waste. Until Saturday that is, where I picked up a quality HK ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Airsoft for Training?

At one time I would have agreed with you, that airsoft was a waste. Until Saturday that is, where I picked up a quality HK USP. 45 airsoft for 200 bucks with air can, and bag of 6 mm pellets. This thing duplicates every function slide operates, locks open on mt, decocker, sa / da, safety, accurate, I can do drills in my yard that would be flat out unsafe with a real gun. Hip shooting, Mozambique, shooting the walnuts from the hip is a hoot!

If it was not for the hot orange front, and the made in sticker it feels and looks absolutely real!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I hold airsoft as invaluable tool, u can learn so much that u can't learn on a square range. You do need people dedicated to to train as you. The one thing I've found is that stand and deliver is a quick way to lose a gunfight, and you can't learn to get off the x and point shoot at a conventional range in a weaver stance slow firing

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    If it was not for the hot orange front, and the made in sticker it feels and looks absolutely real!

Yup.

This is why it's doubly as important to go through the basic safety steps, when you're starting and finishing your airsoft training for the day.

To have an airsoft mixed-up with your real-steel firearms is going to be a HUGE problem, to say the least.

Be sure to have a system to cover the basic safety issues of both, as well as to have specifics implemented on each side of that equation, too. Each of us have our unique safety concerns and needs, so assess your situation in a logical and thorough manner, and then implement rules that you'll never sidetrack or shortcut.

Stay safe!

I have an airsoft and use it during the winter months when I can't get to the range as often. I also recently got a CO2 powered BB replica of my carry gun. The trigger is close to the real thing. I'm happy with it, and I can shoot indoors where it is warmer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links