Input and thoughts on burglary - Page 5

Input and thoughts on burglary

This is a discussion on Input and thoughts on burglary within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PEF From what law school did this lawyer graduate? Just curious. Thief says he's not armed and won't hurt you - you ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Input and thoughts on burglary

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    From what law school did this lawyer graduate? Just curious.

Thief says he's not armed and won't hurt you - you are supposed to believe that? What if the thief tosses the TV at you and pulls a gun stuffed in his waistband that you can't see because your view is obstructed?

If you are really worried about this, I can only suggest you read the law and then ask an attorney (I'm a lawyer, but not an Internet lawyer, and not a crim law lawyer).

As for the lawyer's comments, sounds like he's still taking law school exams.

As for me, I'd be in *great fear* for my life. I'm in a room, probably less than 10 feet away from a criminal that thought it worth the risk to break into someone's home and take their property, and in less than a second the situation can become deadly if he is armed (and even if he is not armed with a gun).

My theory:

He is armed!!!

He is just letting me hold the weapon for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I thought we fought a war so we didn't have to live like they do across the pond.
    We did, then somehow we got infiltrated with bleeding heart liberals, now we're screwed again.

My $.02:

a) You are not in danger... This is the word of a person in the process of committing a felony. A LEO would not accept his word and therefore I do not believe it is 'reasonable' that an armed citizen should accept it either. If the person approaches you it is a threat; he could be distracting you in an attempt to seize your weapon so using force would be justified. If he turn to leave another way deadly force may not be 'reasonable' but giving a play by play to 911 is an option.

b) kidnapping/unlawful imprisonment... you are apprehending a person committing a felony i.e. citizen's arrest. That would negate either option except to the most vulture-like attorney.

c) should lawyers who seek monetary gain from lawsuits by criminal actions for the benefit of the criminal be charged as an accomplice... that is another thread.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Gene: Loved your last reply to me. Two things about your comments. 1. The initial thread did not say that the burglar took the remote and 2. Batteries, especially the good ones can be expensive and you are right not to give him any. We agree on everything else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links