Dogs and deadly force

This is a discussion on Dogs and deadly force within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GunGeezer As Clint Eastwood says, "everyone should know their limitations". I'm old, bi-lateral hip replacements, moderate to severe osteo-arthritis and a laundry ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dogs and deadly force

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    As Clint Eastwood says, "everyone should know their limitations". I'm old, bi-lateral hip replacements, moderate to severe osteo-arthritis and a laundry list of other age related ailments. I'm not about to add a dog bite to my almost weekly doctor visits. Running is not an option, neither is shoving a body part down a dogs throat while trying to choke it to death. By FL. law, all dogs should be on leashes. Many are not because their owners believe them to be harmless. As a friend and employee of mine once said, "I've been bitten by dogs who never bit anyone before". I love dogs and don't have one today because I can't take care of one. I have dog sat for my neighbor's dogs and will do so any time they ask, but I will use whatever I need to so as not to get bitten.
    My sentiments exactly. I do not differentiate between a pit bull or a chihuahua. I can become downright bloodthirsty if that friendly lapdog is scaring a young child under my protection.

Michael

2. Remove Ads

I must preface with fact that I have always had and loved animals but some things cannot be excused. My mother in laws dog bit my son when he was 4 and came after me as I went to him. The dog was a Cocker Spaniel and had been aggressive with strangers in the past. As it launched at me my right fist came down on it's head slamming it to the floor. It jumped up and made another run at me so I grabbed it by the throat and squeezed and shook the dog until my Wife grabbed me and took the dog. I would have killed that dog right then and there had she not been there. We immediately left the house and I refused to return or allow them to visit until that dog was destroyed. There is no such thing as an animal that does not pose a threat regardless of size. Fortunately my son only needed bandages and no stitches and had no residual fear of dogs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links