Savage Attack: Clerk Beats Customers with Steel Rod

This is a discussion on Savage Attack: Clerk Beats Customers with Steel Rod within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bark'n Well, I'm glad you disagree he probably shouldn't have used the steel rod. Because what he did was responded to an ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Savage Attack: Clerk Beats Customers with Steel Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, I'm glad you disagree he probably shouldn't have used the steel rod. Because what he did was responded to an unarmed woman slapping him in the face by escalating it where he tried to beat her to death with a deadly weapon.

We get a lot of essentially the same kind of scenarios posted here where people want to know if it's okay to pull their gun out and shoot someone who wants to fight but doesn't have a visible weapon. Well... ask this guy Rayon how it's working out for him.

No different for all those members here who say, "If some guy hits me, I have to assume he'll kill me, therefore, I'll shoot him."
    Which members are those?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Nothing good can come at a McDonalds after they stop serving breakfast.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Maybe McDonalds can drop the Happy Meal and now introduce the Savage Meal.

I think the ultimate problem are 3 failures of civilization.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I see nothing wrong with him retreating to get the rod and doing what he did to stop the attack of 2 on one. But once on the floor what he did would be like us emptying the mag into someone already on the floor. Once they were on the floor unless they had a gun and where trying to shot him the attack is over.

For me GOOD JOB (he did what their Daddy should have been there to do when they were young, teach them to repect others) but with overkill
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

VIP Member
    I would not have gotten involved, other than call 911.

As to the actual incident. The women bear the brunt of the blame. They verbally and physically assaulted the cashier, they jumped the counter and pursued him. IMO the first hit with the rod was defending himself from an attack of 2 people. The fact that they were female has no bearing. We all know a female can be as vicious if not more so than many males. His mistake was that once they were down he continued the attack with the bar.

I wonder how much his prison "training" comes into play in this. Behind bars, if he had been attacked by 2 fellow inmates he would have been defending his life. They wouldn't have been pursuing him to slap his face again. He would have been in a fight for his life, and his response would have been appropriate.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

On a side note. I wonder how much McDonald's is going to settle with these women for. We all know the lawyers are lined up offering to get them millions from the company. The fact that they instigated the incident will be irrelevant to the lawyers, they really don't care, all they see is a chance for a quick 6 or 7 figure fee.

The clerk on the other hand will get a public defender, who is over loaded with cases and will probably urge their defendant to take the first plea offered. If he can afford a good lawyer, he might try a PTSD defense. Time in prison, assaulted, flashback to prison life and he snapped.
    MotorCityGun and Tzadik like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    McDonalds counter help. Guilty. $1 fine. and time served.
    the two instagators. 30 days and $1000 each.

keep your hands to your self unless YOU are atacked.
    It would be an appropriate outcome. Unfortunately I doubt you'll find a DA and judge that would feel the same way.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

DISCLAIMER: No Humans were harmed in the filming of this felony.

Administrator
    2 drunken females possibly passing bogus money, slapping the clerk, jumping the counter, getting beat with a steel rod by an ex-con that did 10 years in the pokey for shooting a classmate.

Instant...EXIT...Stage Right....I'm not wasting my cell phone battery...I'm finding the door and after that I'm finding a WENDY'S in a nicer neighborhood.

It would be no surprise if the females involved had some priors, maybe some probation time. The clerk of course has a proven record of violence and has already done 10 years for it. The happy ending here would be if all parties involved were to be awarded significant jail time for this sickening display.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

My question would be why do they keep a steel rod in the back of a Mc Donalds ?

Maybe for just such an occasion.

At least he kept his latex gloves on and did not violate the health code.

If your gonna play the "big dog" you better make sure you have the "big bite".

This is not the first time these females have been violent I am sure, they just bit off way more then they could chew.

Prison is all about survival, respect and violence and Rayon carried those teachings with him when he got out.

I would have put distance between myself and the combatants ASAP.

OS
    DefConGun and atctimmy like this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Which members are those?
    From previous post, members "that say that "If some guy hits me, I have to assume he'll kill me, therefore I'll shoot him."

Well, to play Devil's Advocate, I tend to go with the first 2/3s of that sentence. There's 2 points here that I can think of quickly.

One, that like people say, all it takes is one blow and if you fall and hit your head, you can die. It happens. But I dont know of any cases where a legal gun carrier has had to defend themselves on that charge. That would be a tough row to hoe with a jury.

As a woman, I consider a second point....if a man, or even a woman, attacks me with their fists....what I am I supposed to believe? That they'll just beat me up and leave? At what point is it gross bodily harm? Am I supposed to wait until they actually commit that grievous bodily harm? If they go too far and try to kill me? It's too late for me to draw my firearm. I cant get to it, I'm beaten and bloody. I'm not trained in physical defense skills beyond a few basic defensive moves.

My goal is to retreat. If I cant escape, should I just try to defend myself without my gun???? That seems stupid....I have the gun to defend myself. (I do carry OC spray, but I'm kind of leaving it out of this discussion. In a dark parking lot at nite, if approached by a man & I cant retreat, I'm not going for spray).

So if I cant retreat, I would hope that the sight of a drawn gun would STOP a visibly unarmed attacker. If it didnt stop him, bullets would. I have no idea if a jury would believe I was in danger of gross bodily harm (legal to use deadly force against this in my state)....but I dont think I can worry about that until after the fact. No easy answers here, but this is what I have to consider when I walk out the door armed.
    Yankeejib and Tzadik like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    It would be an appropriate outcome. Unfortunately I doubt you'll find a DA and judge that would feel the same way.
    I think you are correct. I realy have to wonder why that is the case though. I do thnk that we as a people can expect and outcome like this. maybe at some time it will come about.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

The women hopped over the counter and chased him with the intent to attack him, and the video shows that he didn't go too far to get the rod. Looks like self-defense to me until he went too far and just kept beating them.

I some way, I think his actions are justified and those women deserve the beating they got, of course he did go too far as well.
    DUNDEM likes this.

I had to run it through SAP to understand anything they said. What do you tell two skank ho's with large dents in their heads? Nothing. They don't speak English anyway.
    Doodle, DUNDEM and ericb445 like this.

No innocent parties here, but all deserve McCuffs and a McVacation...
    When the females, let's not call them ladies, hopped over the counter, some force by the employee may have been used, but not what the McDipFeces handed out.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links