Savage Attack: Clerk Beats Customers with Steel Rod

This is a discussion on Savage Attack: Clerk Beats Customers with Steel Rod within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the things that irritates me over this whole thing, is how the press makes the cashier out to be the culprit, and the ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Savage Attack: Clerk Beats Customers with Steel Rod

VIP Member
    One of the things that irritates me over this whole thing, is how the press makes the cashier out to be the culprit, and the 2 thugs as innocent victims. If the 2 women had kept their mouths shut, their hands to themselves and their butts on their side of the counter, nothing would have happened.
    phreddy, atctimmy, Tzadik and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

The thing that bothers me most is the fact you have an ex-con who is working and trying to do the right thing. Two "women" berate him, curse him, slap him, then jump the counter and attack him. He reacts!

He was completely justified in the beginning but we all know there is a time when defense turns to offense and you become culpable.

It sucks for him that he didn't have better self control and these two "witches" decided they wanted a Big Mac on his shift!
    9MMare and Tzadik like this.

Them girls could have been armed say with a box cutter or blade from the video you can not tell.

If they ever go back to McD I bet they stay on their side of the counter.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Those women should be glad his sister, "Polyester" wasn't there.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DurrtyBoy View Post
    The thing that bothers me most is the fact you have an ex-con who is working and trying to do the right thing. Two "women" berate him, curse him, slap him, then jump the counter and attack him. He reacts!

He was completely justified in the beginning but we all know there is a time when defense turns to offense and you become culpable.

It sucks for him that he didn't have better self control and these two "witches" decided they wanted a Big Mac on his shift!
    HEY, Don't insult us Witches by comparing these idiots with us. LOL. I'm Wiccan and as such a Witch. We have a belief that you should take responsibility for you own actions. These twits obviously don't.
    Tzadik and noway2 like this.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nightsonge View Post
    HEY, Don't insult us Witches by comparing these idiots with us. LOL. I'm Wiccan and as such a Witch. We have a belief that you should take responsibility for you own actions. These twits obviously don't.
    "Everything you do comes back to you threefold" Those women seemed to find it out the hard way.

VIP Member
    I don't see anything wrong with the actions of the man. To win a fight you have to be more violent than the person/persons attacking you. He was being attacked and pursued. He retrieved a weapon and defended himself. I also think he stopped in a reasonable amount of time. You can't see if the attackers were trying to get back up or trying to continue the attack.

For those of you who have never been in a serious scrape I have some info for you...It's not always easy to turn it off when your body explodes into fight or flight mode. You have massive dumps of chemicals into your bloodstream and it really affects you. I think the guy did OK in coming back down and stopping when he did. Remember this wasn't a gunfight and he didn't dish out a coup de grace.

(I hope) I would have handled it in a similar way.

The news caster "Chris" is a tool bag.
    phreddy and DUNDEM like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Nice wording of the topic to take away from two idiot women who started this mess and got what they deserved. You can clearly see the employee smiling as they called him names and such. They assaulted the employee, jumped across the counter to attempt more and got caught. Sorry but " Never hit a Woman" goes right out the window in this case. JMO.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Sounds like all three of them were losers playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.
    Hakkaa päälle!

No question plenty of fault to go around .

The order taker went way to far .

The two women as well .

My take on it as soon as the women laid hands on him he should have just laid a punch or two on them and called it a day.

I have spent many a year in customer service ( not the fast food industry).

I have had a few customers give threats , but never any deeds done .

My thoughts if customer ever lays hands on , its on

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Them girls could have been armed say with a box cutter or blade from the video you can not tell.

If they ever go back to McD I bet they stay on their side of the counter.
    Go back to McDonalds? heck they are going to own this store by the time their lawyer is done.
    I agree they started this incident by first off trying to pass a bogus $50. Perhaps theu didn't know it was fake, still they had no right or reason to hit the cashier. Jumping over the counter was WAY over the line. I think he obviously started out intending to defend himself, then anger got the best of him. He needs to get some anger managment help before being allowed to work in public and probably should not be allowed to drive a car if he has such a bad lack of self control.

I hope the females get a good prision term for the trespass and mischief charge.
    I can't say I think the clerk should get off scott free, but the fact remained that he didn't start the fight, he just didn't end it when he should have.
    9MMare likes this.

VIP Member
    I can't say I think the clerk should get off scott free, but the fact remained that he didn't start the fight, he just didn't end it when he should have.
    Well said.

I just watched a second video of this on youtube from another camera. He keeps on hitting the one girl after the first video cuts out. He will be getting into some trouble from this for sure.

I could excuse everything he did in the first video because I would have reacted the same way to being attacked like that. In the end though, the second video will be his undoing.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

This is a sad commentary on Inner city folks.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Go back to McDonalds? heck they are going to own this store by the time their lawyer is done.
    I agree they started this incident by first off trying to pass a bogus $50. Perhaps theu didn't know it was fake, still they had no right or reason to hit the cashier. Jumping over the counter was WAY over the line. I think he obviously started out intending to defend himself, then anger got the best of him. He needs to get some anger managment help before being allowed to work in public and probably should not be allowed to drive a car if he has such a bad lack of self control. I hope the females get a good prision term for the trespass and mischief charge.
    Yeah, he must have skipped his anger management classes in prison while he was serving 10 years for shooting and killing a classmate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I agree they started this incident by first off trying to pass a bogus $50. Perhaps theu didn't know it was fake, still they had no right or reason to hit the cashier. Jumping over the counter was WAY over the line. I think he obviously started out intending to defend himself, then anger got the best of him. He needs to get some anger managment help before being allowed to work in public and probably should not be allowed to drive a car if he has such a bad lack of self control.

I hope the females get a good prision term for the trespass and mischief charge.
    After spending 10 years in prison, the prison mentality may have kicked in and he felt he was fighting for his life. Not justifying, just pointing out, 10 years of conditioning isn't turned off over night.

As to the 2 female thugs. I would like to know why they weren't charges with assault and battery on the clerk along with the other charges. The video plainly shows them attacking him first.
    Tzadik likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links