Murder near me/ it will be a long night - Page 2

Murder near me/ it will be a long night

This is a discussion on Murder near me/ it will be a long night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There's nothing like a wake-up call..........serves to benefit all of us....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Murder near me/ it will be a long night

VIP Member
    There's nothing like a wake-up call..........serves to benefit all of us.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Stay safe Hop.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I'm not certain why what the potential killer was wearing makes a difference. Maybe I just come from a region where so many people where camo clothing normally it's more of a fashion trend than anything. Getting upset over clothing is like the more liberal minded people getting upset at the sight of the gun.

I work in one of the local high schools here, and it appears that camo seems to be an "in" trend for young people this year. I'm seeing far more kids wearing camo clothing this year than ever before. It's not the type of camo clothing you would wear into the woods in many cases as well. Designer camo wear...

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    While this attack is very bad, hopefully for you there will be good comimg from it. If it helps your wife and others to see the light then what happened in the other house becomes worth while. Other wise it was a complete waste of human life.

Stay safe
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

My house has two sides considering its entry points. This has made me think that I should have a gun on both sides so that I have access to a gun without moving unarmed to the entry points. I keep my concealed carry arm with me while i'm up and take it to bed with me for two arms while asleep. I also do not want to leave an intruder one to find at night.

I'm sure it is normal for a new carry to show interest in self-defense at first which has led me to read and view numerous scenarios which tend to make me extra percautious. Having an incident near by would certainly raise my awareness and defensive measures.

My wife is the same way about my precautions until she sees news about local breakins. She will just have to get used to it. Good luck and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Remember, Dr. Petit of Cheshire, CT lived in a "darn nice neighborhood" too

When Horror Came to a Connecticut Family
    Funny how criminals often show up in neighborhoods where there is a higher likelihood of finding nice things/soft targets.

As for the camo, could be perfectly innocent: http://www.goneblue.com/unbaufopahbe...6-38%20inches)

VIP Member
    Stay alert and be safe. As for the camo, I really wouldn't put to much into it, it is hunting season after all. Lot's of people out and about in camo.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

In my area cammo seems to be the "uniform" for lawncare workers. You find a nice neighborhood with well manicured lawns and older residents who may be unable to do the yardwork themselves and it gives you a perfect opportunity to pick your "targets". A truck, lawnmower, and a weedeater puts you in business. This could have just been an attempted robbery that went badly. There's not enough information on the news yet.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    In my area cammo seems to be the "uniform" for lawncare workers. You find a nice neighborhood with well manicured lawns and older residents who may be unable to do the yardwork themselves and it gives you a perfect opportunity to pick your "targets". A truck, lawnmower, and a weedeater puts you in business. This could have just been an attempted robbery that went badly. There's not enough information on the news yet.
    Yes, there is absolutely not enough information on the news and some of it is clearly not intended to be helpful to the residents in the area. We're getting BS like they "don't know what caused the woman's injuries," or that the vehicle they are looking for might have been just a witness. Nothing has been said
    about what killed the man-- gun, knife, club; some of the newsy reports almost appear to leave open
    murder-suicide, though that seems extremely unlikely in the totality of what has come out.

I don't know if it was coincidence, but last night from around 10:30 to near 1 AM a helicopter kept circling
    the neighborhood just in back of me and toward that house. Nothing about that has been posted on the news. But then, our two news outlets are wimpy and lazy about actually going out and getting a story, and our police spokeswoman tends to not be as forthcoming as she should be.

This is the 4th murder within a mile of here in the last year, and in none did the public get appropriate information needed to gauge the risk to the general public. I may e-mail the mayor, someone I know a tad socially, and let her know what I think.

Hope the school is properly guarded today.
    Rock and Glock and Bark'n like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Hop, what was the disposition of the other 3 murders in your area? Anybody caught? Incidents related?

While camo may be normal attire this time of year... It sort of makes me feel hinky,too... maybe just the way I "hear" your voice in your account, though.

Such incidents over such a short period of time in my neighbor hood would make me feel uneasy as well, and might make my wife more "understanding" as well.

Glad you're reasonably prepared.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Hop, what was the disposition of the other 3 murders in your area? Anybody caught? Incidents related?

While camo may be normal attire this time of year... It sort of makes me feel hinky,too... maybe just the way I "hear" your voice in your account, though.

Such incidents over such a short period of time in my neighbor hood would make me feel uneasy as well, and might make my wife more "understanding" as well.

Glad you're reasonably prepared.
    All murders were entirely unrelated and had very different motives and situations. One was a convenience store robbery gone bad. One was an ex-con acquaintance killing someone he casually knew. I don't recall the third frankly, but there was also a kidnapping by an ex. All were promptly solved as was another which happened further away over the weekend. These morons get caught.

This incident --based on the very limited released information-- almost sounds as if someone just went up a street and picked a house. Perhaps got caught and killed. Just speculation. I certainly don't know.

The cammo bothers me because there is a medium sized park across the street from the school and the house, and the park has some densely wooded sections in which someone might hide. There are also some "estate" lots nearby with sufficiently large yards that someone in cammo could hide. It also implies to me that the person may have been hunting--- and not 4 legged animals. Again, all pure speculation and maybe some imagination.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Stay safe

Stay safe Hopy...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Hop - just saw this thread. I hope you stayed safe and got a few winks. Hope they catch the POS. Hope the Ms. comes around.
    She just came back from the mall with two pair of new slacks with extra pockets.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Fixed it for you ! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    She just came back from the gunstore with two new shotguns with extended magazines.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links