Armed Mpls. citizen who said he killed robber attacking woman released - Page 3

Armed Mpls. citizen who said he killed robber attacking woman released

This is a discussion on Armed Mpls. citizen who said he killed robber attacking woman released within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by atctimmy If it's an older lady I might chase the bad guy. If she were young and attractive I think I'd stop ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Armed Mpls. citizen who said he killed robber attacking woman released

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If it's an older lady I might chase the bad guy. If she were young and attractive I think I'd stop and render first aid. :)

ETA: Dear wife, if you read this I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry.... : )
    that put a big smile on my face

I'm ending the attack, but no way I'm chasing after the guy. For one thing, my knees suck. OFWG's don't chase.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    NO CHARGES FILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good guys: 1
    Scum of the earth:0

Man who shot Minneapolis robber won't be charged | StarTribune.com

Agree w/ OldFart60. I'm all for having one less BG on the street, but if the BG was running away from the initial victim, then what threat was he to the eventual shooter? This can easily sound like a case of revenge. Hopefully it was as described, chasing down BG (ballsy move esp w/ known firearm) and responded with deadly force only when BG confronted him with his weapon.
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    It was, and he's been released without any charges.

As usual, there has to be some kind of idiot remark from the bad-guy's family... here it is:

"They're not going to press charges against the man who killed my son? Are you all serious?" she said. "That man chased my son down and gunned him down."

Yeah yeah, your son was just a little angle who wouldn't hurt anybody, right? He was just turning his life around. He was a good kid. Yeah yeah... Why can parents never face the truth? I'm a parent, and sure my daughter is only 8 years old. But when she gets older if the police show me evidence she is committing crimes, I think I'll be really disappointed, but certainly not in denial about it.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

B94
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    As usual, there has to be some kind of idiot remark from the bad-guy's family... here it is:

"They're not going to press charges against the man who killed my son? Are you all serious?" she said. "That man chased my son down and gunned him down."
    That’s right, NO CHARGES for “gunning him down”. To bad we don’t have more law abiding citizens with the balls and firepower to help catch or kill the criminals like your son. Maybe if your son hadn’t robbed a lady at gunpoint of her purse and pistol-whipped her in the head he would still be alive. I’m glad he’s gone.
    PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die

She just can't believe her little boy got shot for being a punk a hoodlum!!!!!

What I don't understand is why his sister the accomplice wasn't charged with felony murder. Any thought on this from you local guys?

Pistol whipped, police found the robbers gun...no way that was a good son.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeo View Post
    Regardless of the law and regardless of whether there is a right to citizens arrest in your state, it is absolutely stupid to chase a BG.

Reason: If it turns out as this incident did, you are in big trouble just as this "hero" will be.

Look at it this way, cops are trained on how to stop a BG and how to take him into custody. Even so, hardly a day goes by that you don't read about a cop who is in big trouble because something unforeseen happened during the arrest.

Smart people know when to back off and leave the rest to the cops.
    what if the pistol whipped woman was your mother? or your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    She just can't believe her little boy got shot for being a punk a hoodlum!!!!!

What I don't understand is why his sister the accomplice wasn't charged with felony murder. Any thought on this from you local guys?
    The thought from some of our local "in the know guys" is that they would need to go to a Grand Jury for the felony murder charge. The other thought is that they may wait to bring that charge later so the good samaritan's id is not exposed right away. There have been many death threats made from the criminals family and friends.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    The classic BG family comment coming from Momma or Auntie or Granny is "he was a good boy". I guess they just left out the "for nothing" at the end of their statement. As to chiming in on this incident--As much as I would like nothing better than to eliminte one more piece of slime from the streets, I cannot see myself running into danger. Good witness yes. Dirty Harry no. As to citizen's arrest--in SC, at night only, (do not ask me why only at night--this is SC and there are a lot of things I do not understand), you can effect a citizens arrest and you can use any means including death to prevent the perp from evading your citizens arrest--ie you can shoot him in the back if he continues to run away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post

Yeah yeah, your son was just a little angle who wouldn't hurt anybody, right? He was just turning his life around. He was a good kid. Yeah yeah... Why can parents never face the truth? I'm a parent, and sure my daughter is only 8 years old. But when she gets older if the police show me evidence she is committing crimes, I think I'll be really disappointed, but certainly not in denial about it.
    Exactly the difference between the higher and lower ends in the gene pool. I remember that sobering conversation with my dad when I was a kid and got caught sneaking out late nights to go hang out with the wrong crowd in Baltimore early on. It was made VERY clear that if he got a call from the cops requesting to come pick me up that he was going to tell them to leave my butt in jail!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Yep, my old man told me if he ever got a call from me in jail he'd tell me he was glad to know where I was and that he'd see me in the morning. Too many f'n parents are checked out these days. Thanks for raising me right Dad.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links