Your Brothers Keeper

This is a discussion on Your Brothers Keeper within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My only thought is that you could leave early enough to find him and tie him up before each game....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Your Brothers Keeper

My only thought is that you could leave early enough to find him and tie him up before each game.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by maat View Post
    My only thought is that you could leave early enough to find him and tie him up before each game.
    LOL!

Update: My mom showed up at our game yesterday and stayed for the first half. My daughter was happy to see her. As she was leaving she hugged my wife goodbye and told her that she, dad, and my brother are the only family we have in the area so we need to figure this out. She said she feels like my wife and I drew a line in the sand and we need to get over it. We won't do it this time. Once again they pick their "troubled" son over their other son (me) who has done everything right his whole life. I can deal with that. What kills me is that they pick their "troubled" son over their granddaughter, and that's unforgivable. My brother assaults my father and threatens suicide, and my parents don't think he's a danger to anyone...unbelievable! They are the very definition of co-dependent. They won't come here to visit..."Your brother is part of the family, if he isn't welcome neither are we." So we are faced with the loss of the relationship with my parents. I no longer have any contact with my brother. Before I would allow my brother near my daughter again I would require him to attend an inpatient treatment program to get off the drugs and be working with a therapist on whatever his core problem(s) are. Is that asking too much?

VIP Member
    It is completely reasonable IMO. I'd also add the stipulation that he would only be allowed around her under direct supervision of you or your wife. To be perfectly honest, I would not allow my parents alone with her unsupervised. They've shown they are irresponsible by there defense of your brother.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would have called the cops. If he wants to off himself that is on him not me. He needs court ordered help.
    Hopyard likes this.

This is very similar to the situation with my fiancee's family and her brother. Her mother asked her to let him stay with us last week. Her answer was simple and to the point.

He is not welcome in our house, he has a problem and he is doing nothing to get help, no one is forcing him to get help, and we will not be a crutch to let him keep doing it. We will not let him know where we live, we will not let him steal and sell our things for drugs, we will not tolerate his threats or tantrums and we will call the cops (as will our neighbors) if he comes close to our home. Then she added "He is the reason DragonGTR got his CPL and if he shows up at the house threatening, with a weapon, etc, and the cops can't get there in time DragonGTR will drop him".

Now their family doesn't believe in guns (I assure them all the time they are very real), and thinks this waste of space will grow out of it.

There is no need to enable these degenerates, your life will be better without having him in it. If he can't be clean, he can't be part of your life period. It's the right thing to do, for your health, and for your families safety. If your parents can't see that, then I'm sorry, but your can't let them put your life, your wifes, or your daughters in danger as it will only take him snapping once to cause serious damage.

Its not if, its when.... And we both know that "When" is getting closer and closer.
    niks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongtr View Post
    This is very similar to the situation with my fiancee's family and her brother. Her mother asked her to let him stay with us last week. Her answer was simple and to the point.

He is not welcome in our house, he has a problem and he is doing nothing to get help, no one is forcing him to get help, and we will not be a crutch to let him keep doing it. We will not let him know where we live, we will not let him steal and sell our things for drugs, we will not tolerate his threats or tantrums and we will call the cops (as will our neighbors) if he comes close to our home. Then she added "He is the reason DragonGTR got his CPL and if he shows up at the house threatening, with a weapon, etc, and the cops can't get there in time DragonGTR will drop him".

Now their family doesn't believe in guns (I assure them all the time they are very real), and thinks this waste of space will grow out of it.

There is no need to enable these degenerates, your life will be better without having him in it. If he can't be clean, he can't be part of your life period. It's the right thing to do, for your health, and for your families safety. If your parents can't see that, then I'm sorry, but your can't let them put your life, your wifes, or your daughters in danger as it will only take him snapping once to cause serious damage.

Its not if, its when.... And we both know that "When" is getting closer and closer.
    Yes, our situations sound very similar. I'm not looking forward to the "when", but I know it's coming. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links