Teen Mobs

This is a discussion on Teen Mobs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The one time in my life that I came closest to ever needing a gun was in Chicago's south side. I was with the local ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Teen Mobs

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The one time in my life that I came closest to ever needing a gun was in Chicago's south side. I was with the local company representative going to perform some field service on equipment in one of the housing authority buildings. They were walking down the street, in a similar manner. I will never forget the rep's words when he said, "God help us if we hit a black, they will club us to death". In some neighborhoods, I think a small nuclear detonation would improve the property values. Less danger from the fallout than the crime.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    found this. Will solve your worries FAST

South African Car Flamethrower - YouTube
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I recall some guy adding a propane bottle and nozzles around the bottom of his car. One flick of a switch and all close pedestrians on any side would get a serious hot foot.
    This reminds me of the guy who rigged the trigger of a shotgun with a string above his front door. Ultimately, a thief broke into his house and was seriously maimed -- he later sued the homeowner and won. The Court decided that because the homeowner rigged the gun, he could not ascertain whether there was an "imminent threat" and pulling the trigger was unlawful.

Seems similar because flicking the switch would trigger the flames on BOTH sides of the car -- imminent threat or not.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    found this. Will solve your worries FAST

South African Car Flamethrower - YouTube
    That was funny as heck, wrong, but funny.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

The group surrounded the 21-year-old woman's car and began beating on it with an object that shattered her driver's side window. One of the boys involved in the attack also pointed a handgun in the direction of a passenger in the car, but didn't make any threats or attempt to open the door.

OK so what is considered a threat

Public information officer Doug Burgess said Monday the incidents do not appear to be organized efforts, but rather the byproduct of unruly circumstances... likely had just left school after District 150 released students early for the day

In Illinois, getting let out of school early is an "unruly circumstance?"

What I find most disturbing is the apologist tone of the article. I would expect to see these headlines in the future:

'Disorganized Group of Youths Beat Motorist into Coma'

'Misunderstood Children Kill Driver'

'Police Baffled by Bullet Holes in Dead Body. Interviewing Witnesses to Determine how 80 Year Old Woman so Angered Kids Leaving Chuckie Cheese'

{sarcasm off}
    oakchas likes this.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Not a pretty situation and one not easily handled.

Someday someone getting harassed by a mob will start shooting and maybe that will make them think twice. I'm not advocating shooting them but it will happen sooner or later.
    I agree!.

grew up in Illinois. Peoria is a sewer, and not surprising that it has come to this in that lovely little community.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

the teens surrounded his car and pounded on it.
    The group surrounded the 21-year-old woman's car and began beating on it with an object that shattered her driver's side window. One of the boys involved in the attack also pointed a handgun in the direction of a passenger in the car,
    in both of these cases, this is the point when you make use of the bumpers....

my car is a few tons.. they arent.. they will move one way or the other...

in the 90's i worked in cleveland.. some shitty hoods we had to drive threw in the work van... 1 day a guy from PA was driving... we were going down a side street and up ahead 6 black guys standing by the side of the road and sitting on the hood of a car saw us coming down the street.. they all stood up and started to move to block the street... i told the driver to punch it... they scattered... this is why we have bumpers..

I had a similar situation in Chicago. My wife was following the gps and got us in a very bad part of town, found out later that the police will not go in thereat night with a single vehicle. We were in my diesel Excursion when three "gentlemen" came from around the burning 55 gallon drums on the corners to block the road with maybe 15 friends still on the corners. My wife started to slow down as I yelled floor it if we stop we are dead. She hit the gas and when the big diesel barked they thought better of their decision and ran. They threw a few bottles at us but missed the truck. I told her to remember that A) the gps does not know where we shouldn't be only the fastest route and B) we are in an 8000 pound 425 hp vehicle that is about as close to a tank as you can buy for the street.
    ExSoldier likes this.

I've just had an idea for a new business...."bad area" maps for tourists, road maps with color coded areas for, say, violence, race problems, burglary and etc., etc. One could make them up for the major US cities and sell them online...or as a download for the GPS that everybody seems to think they can't live without these days.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    I've just had an idea for a new business...."bad area" maps for tourists, road maps with color coded areas for, say, violence, race problems, burglary and etc., etc. One could make them up for the major US cities and sell them online...or as a download for the GPS that everybody seems to think they can't live without these days.
    You`ll be a Millionaire!!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    You`ll be a Millionaire!!!!!.

Oooooooh...finally!!!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I find this to be quite interesting:
    One of the boys involved in the attack also pointed a handgun in the direction of a passenger in the car, but didn't make any threats or attempt to open the door.
    Basically, the writer is saying that having a gun pointed at you isn't a threat. WHAT?! Somebody has to say something to "make a threat"? Wow.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

I agree with Doubledown and Ring punch it and don't stop - best advice. If you have to pull you carry gun your in some deep stuff and that is your last line of defense.

That wouldn't fly down here,I think all these punks realise Texas is a carry friendly state and every vehicle may have a gun in it,and down here you break a car window out you just put me in fear for my life and I will respond accordingly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links