Teen Mobs

Teen Mobs

This is a discussion on Teen Mobs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened in the town I grew up in (and my parents still reside): Teen mobs harass motorists - Peoria, IL - pjstar.com Aside from ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Teen Mobs

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Teen Mobs

This happened in the town I grew up in (and my parents still reside):

Teen mobs harass motorists - Peoria, IL - pjstar.com

Aside from the obvious issue of no concealed carry in Illinois, how would you handle this?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Law requires a driver to yield to pedestrians, go a different way.

Once the brandishing occurred (how is that even possible in Illinois?), my vehicle is my self defense weapon. Back up, reverse bootlegger turn around, gone.

Outside of Illinois... really not much different... the brandishing might make a difference, but I'm in a vehicle... a 3000# bullet... slow but effective.
    MadMac likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Put the car in drive and step on the gas. They'll move, one way or the other.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Once that window broke I would put the hammer down because of fearing for my life and the safety of my passenger.

hmm, I thought only caucasians were racists.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

mkh
    Not a pretty situation and one not easily handled.

Someday someone getting harassed by a mob will start shooting and maybe that will make them think twice. I'm not advocating shooting them but it will happen sooner or later.

VIP Member
    From the article "When police responded, the group scattered in different directions." When I was a poor college kid, I had an appartment that was infested with cockroaches. If you turned the light on at night, they did the same thing - interesting.

Pounding on the car, probably slowly back out unless they are also behind the car, then slowly go forward.

Break the glass or see a gun, dump gas into the V8 and get the heck out of dodge.
    Spade115 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I recall some guy adding a propane bottle and nozzles around the bottom of his car. One flick of a switch and all close pedestrians on any side would get a serious hot foot.
    babarock likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Once that window broke I would put the hammer down because of fearing for my life and the safety of my passenger.

hmm, I thought only caucasians were racists.
    They are....the rest are just celebrating their culture.
    wmhawth and msgt/ret like this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Well.. I guess I'm glad I don't live in Illinois. Because this type of incident would have caused me to, at minimum, brandish my firearm... if they didn't scatter like the roaches they are at that point, I would have started shooting. And I don't say this from a perspective of "Oh look at me, I'm a big shot with my gun" rather from a perspective that I have no idea what these guys plan to do next and my life is in danger. There is definitely a disparity of force and they are already assaulting my vehicle and making verbal threats.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'm going to Chicago this weekend with the girlfriend. Never been to Illinois before, and can't carry there, so it already is something I'm not exactly looking forward to.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Really sad. A friend of mine just moved back to Peoria and got married. That is where he grew up and he returned after he retired. There is no way I would move to the "peoples republic of Illinois" until they pass a concealed carry law like the rest of the civilized states in the US! And I don't see that happening anytime soon as long as the crooked politicians in Chicago continue to run the state, and they been doing that since before Big Al Capone, so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

:@rs102486: Agree completely. I've found rolling through that area with a 4X4 up on 35's blaring Marilyn Manson is found to be quite intimidating by the natives.:

I can picture it in my head, the locals whispering to each other "psst, watch out for the crazy white guy"

It wouldn't bother me one bit to roll over a group of people doing that type of stuff.

If you're too stupid to get out of the way of a vehicle or purposely hindering traffic you are really too stupid to be walking around. A Cooper STT print across your person would probably be an improvement.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Surround my vehicle, verbally assault me with racial slurs and threats. I will fear for my safety. Sounds like a good time to turn the thugs into speed bumps.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Not a pretty situation and one not easily handled.

Someday someone getting harassed by a mob will start shooting and maybe that will make them think twice. I'm not advocating shooting them but it will happen sooner or later.
    Indeed the S will hit the fan , all fun and games till then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links