"I'm Getting Arrested" app has post SD-shooting possibilities

This is a discussion on "I'm Getting Arrested" app has post SD-shooting possibilities within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A new Android app "lets you quickly notify your family, friends, and crack legal team (if you have one) of your situation with a single ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "I'm Getting Arrested" app has post SD-shooting possibilities

A new Android app "lets you quickly notify your family, friends, and crack legal team (if you have one) of your situation with a single tap of your finger. Just initially enter a custom message and some SMS-ready numbers to contact in the event of your arrest. Then, as you're about to be corralled into the back of a squad car, fire the app up and long-press the bull's-eye for 2 seconds. From there, you can rest assured that your message will be sent to the appropriate contacts."

Yet another reason for me to hate my flip phone.

Read more: I'm Getting Arrested for Android - Free Android software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I was talking to a few buddies who ride bikes about this. great possibilities. lol
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Seems like a good idea; however, when you actually reach the point where you know you are going to be arrested, will you be allowed to use your cell phone?

and crack legal team
    I hope I am not the only one who finds this line humorous! Nailed the definition of some folks in the Lawyer industry I'd say!

Isn't there anything they have not come up with an APP to support?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Tell them you're notifying your attorney. If they have a problem with that, tell them you have a right to an attorney and if they continue to infringe on your rights necessary action can and will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I hope I am not the only one who finds this line humorous! Nailed the definition of some folks in the Lawyer industry I'd say!
    I thought it was hilarious! Any good lawyer with a sense of humor would too!

Whatever it is, as you get older, you'll discover there's a Nap for it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Seems like a good idea; however, when you actually reach the point where you know you are going to be arrested, will you be allowed to use your cell phone?
    Well, I think the smart thing would be a message that generically says something like "There's been a self-defense situation," rather than "I'm being arrested," and then hit that button basically as soon as you can after the incident, perhaps even before the cops arrive. (You'd probably need to have explained to your lawyer in advance about this scenario.) I think one would want to be in contact with one's lawyer toot sweet whether the cops want to arrest you or not. And one cool thing about this is that you don't risk a cop being able to say "he was on the phone to his lawyer when I pulled up," which I could imagine a jury finding non-positive.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Thats actually a great idea. cuts down on time in jail, and your lawyer is there fast.

Ex Member
    Wait till a jury finds you are SO ready to shoot a 'innocent poor misguided soul' you anticipated it.
    bigmacque likes this.

The way cell phones keep expanding in capabilities and new functions, I'm waiting for the day when you won't need a CC when there will be an "app" on your cell phone that simply vaporizes an attacker - pooofff!! - up in smoke, no body, no lawyer, no jail, no problem.

Some friends and I worked out a text message code word.

When the message comes over the text/voicemail, we notify everyone else.

It's a general distress message that means "Drop whatever you are doing, everyone go to stand by and be prepared to get lawyers (me, or if I'm not available, someone from my firm) money or rifles."

It's been used once when someone had a break in and he boyfriend was unavailabe (cop on shift).

I ended up spending the night on someone's couch with an AR and slew of P-Mags till things could be secured.

Good times.
    JD likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    A new Android app "lets you quickly notify your family, friends, and crack legal team (if you have one) of your situation with a single tap of your finger. Just initially enter a custom message and some SMS-ready numbers to contact in the event of your arrest. Then, as you're about to be corralled into the back of a squad car, fire the app up and long-press the bull's-eye for 2 seconds. From there, you can rest assured that your message will be sent to the appropriate contacts."

Yet another reason for me to hate my flip phone.

Read more: I'm Getting Arrested for Android - Free Android software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I hope it isn't a drug bust!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    LOL. There was a time in my life when I could have really used an app like that (long before there were cell phones). Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

Isn't there anything they have not come up with an APP to support?
    Reminds me of last weeks Dilbert. The Boss ask Dilbert to show him how to install an app on his smartphone. After a discussion about it being easier to just let Dilbert do it the boss says he wants to learn how to install the app and ask how many there are. Dilbert replies, "four".
    joker1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links