Another win for the good guys

This is a discussion on Another win for the good guys within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad to see another score for the good guys, would have been a tense situation with a son and g/f held hostage. Man Shoots Home ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Another win for the good guys

Glad to see another score for the good guys, would have been a tense situation with a son and g/f held hostage.

Man Shoots Home Invasion Suspect

I'm also expecting to see more and more of these as we get closer to Christmas, hopefully more good guy wins. Let's be careful and aware out there.

Good shoot! Good outcome.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    There must be more to the story, I'll suggest that this was not random.

I have to add from a moralistic point of view who condones their 18 year old son hosting a sleep over with his girlfriend?

Oh sure, an 18 year old is an adult but, it is my home therefore my rules and co-ed sleep overs don't fly.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

BBQgrill, what is that a picture of? Cow kidneys?

Quote Originally Posted by jdf3834 View Post
    BBQgrill, what is that a picture of? Cow kidneys?
    No, lmao, my smoker is a bit bigger than that; they are pork butts for BBQ.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    I have to add from a moralistic point of view who condones their 18 year old son hosting a sleep over with his girlfriend?

Oh sure, an 18 year old is an adult but, it is my home therefore my rules and co-ed sleep overs don't fly.
    While I'll agree I would not allow it, and I certainly wasn't allowed such a thing when I was living at home at 18, I would point out that a lot of people see nothing wrong with it at all. I knew people in school who's parents allowed them at 16 years old to bring home girlfriends/boyfriends and engage in sexual activity at home being fully aware of what was going on.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    While I'll agree I would not allow it, and I certainly wasn't allowed such a thing when I was living at home at 18, I would point out that a lot of people see nothing wrong with it at all. I knew people in school who's parents allowed them at 16 years old to bring home girlfriends/boyfriends and engage in sexual activity at home being fully aware of what was going on.
    I know, I know, and look where our society is going; some in our forum seem to believe our society is de-evolving.
    joker1 and RMS like this.

James Yeager and others have said that you don't need to shout anything before acting. He could have got both of them if he had acted with his gun rather than his mouth. JMO.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

I noticed they flew the wounded robber to a hospital. I wonder if they took the scenic route and stopped off for breakfast on the way there?

Someone breaks into my home and threatens a family member with a gun I am going to make sure to book them a trip to the hospital on a slow boat to china!
    joker1 likes this.

Man... thats not far from my home at all... within a few miles. On another note... where was the second-fourth bangs?? Our doctors and nurses have far more important things to tend to than these losers. Maybe he was using a bolt action rifle... need more practice with that action buddy! All in all, no good guys hurt, so its a good day. Wonder if the gf was another surprise after everything else settled down... haha.

OpJ

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I noticed they flew the wounded robber to a hospital. I wonder if they took the scenic route and stopped off for breakfast on the way there?

Someone breaks into my home and threatens a family member with a gun I am going to make sure to book them a trip to the hospital on a slow boat to china!
    I'm thinking a trip to the morgue, shame to waste the EMT's and Doctor's skills on dirtbags who were moments away from comitting murder.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Maybe....just maybe, that explains the outrageous number of teen pregnancies in this country, not to mention STD's.

As to the original story. Too bad he didn't get them both.
    joker1 and RMS like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

He needs a shotgun,9 pellets of 00 in the chest usually doesn't get the helicopter ride to the hospital
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    He needs a shotgun,9 pellets of 00 in the chest usually doesn't get the helicopter ride to the hospital
    Definitely not, but it would require one heluva clean up crew!

OpJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    I think people who would break into an occupied house while armed to rob it and confront the inhabitants are incredibly dangerous people- perhaps psychopaths. It seems to me that anyone in the house is completely justified in assuming imminent death awaits them, and they must act accordingly. Usually, the danger is they break in believing the house is empty. But if they confront someone with a gun, rather than run away when they learn people are there, then we are dealing with out and out murderers. Thank the Lord the family is safe. As for the son having a girl in his room- I do NOT approve, but that is another, lesser issue.
    TonyDTrigger likes this.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links