An event tonight made me think--approached from behind

This is a discussion on An event tonight made me think--approached from behind within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oakchas I am SERIOUSLY considering this, carry a BUG in a "wallet" holster. My understanding is that wallet holsters are now considered ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: An event tonight made me think--approached from behind

Wallet Holster

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

I am SERIOUSLY considering this, carry a BUG in a "wallet" holster.
    My understanding is that wallet holsters are now considered AOW (Any Other Weapons) by the ATF. I think to get around this, it would have to be made in a way that it cannot be fired while it concealed within the wallet.

I may be wrong about this, but I remember reading something about it regarding a North American Arms wallet holster that was discontinued for this reason.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    My understanding is that wallet holsters are now considered AOW (Any Other Weapons) by the ATF. I think to get around this, it would have to be made in a way that it cannot be fired while it concealed within the wallet.

I may be wrong about this, but I remember reading something about it regarding a North American Arms wallet holster that was discontinued for this reason.
    Unless it has changed, I last read that the kind that COVER the entire gun are considered AOW and require a special stamp for that particular AOW. Otherwise, the type that DO NOT cover the slide are ok. Again, this may have changed since I last studied the issue.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

My wife wouldn't be unarmed. She's a big proponent of staying alive and not being a victim. She has several of her own guns and carries daily.

If I were in that situation and someone demanded money with a gun, I would likely shoot him. How I go about it depends heavily on the situation and circumstance. I have to see how the situation is unfolding in front of me to give any specific details.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    What we all need to do all over the country is protest the wallet aow law. So the Feds don't want us giving the bad guys a loaded wallet. That's what it boils do too. Bad guys going to do it anyway...they don't care abt no stinking law.

Thank God no harm no foul

I carry a money clip that also holds "cards" in my front pocket & all bills $10 & up.....I keep all my $1s & $5s in my back pocket.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links