An encroaching PEST - Page 2

An encroaching PEST

This is a discussion on An encroaching PEST within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Why does everyone stop and try to talk to me and tell me their troubles like that?" Because people instinctively know. Then their guess is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: An encroaching PEST

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    "Why does everyone stop and try to talk to me and tell me their troubles like that?"
    Because people instinctively know. Then their guess is reinforced by the continued conversation.

When did a person talking to another person become such an inconvenience? What a sad world we live in when someone can't talk to another person without them thinking something is off. You ask the PUBLIC to buy your products and then shun them when they come to talk.
    Rotorblade likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    When did a person talking to another person become such an inconvenience? What a sad world we live in when someone can't talk to another person without them thinking something is off. You ask the PUBLIC to buy your products and then shun them when they come to talk.
    I think you have taken his situation out of context. Talking to strangers is not an inconvenience, but if you have someone come up to you and start talking about things that should be reserved for people they know or are close to, then that is a different story. Just last week I had a random lady come up to me and my 3 yr old daughter and start talking about how precious they are and that i can never watch her too closely. that part was perfectly fine, she seemed very nice, and then she went on to repeat it again and follow it with "because she herself was molested when she was younger"... now, that conversation was not "inconvenient" no, but awkward and unwarranted to a complete stranger? hell yes...

I am not sure what part of people contains the "gauge" on social etiquette and tells them "when to say what", but some people just don't have that particular gauge. If you haven't run into a situation where a random person comes and talks to you about something that is out of place, then you should not be so quick to judge another for wondering to themselves if something might be amiss. and if you have run into those situations and don't feel awkward or out of place or actually enjoy it, then you are a better samaritan than most of us and again should not judge those that are not up to your social etiquette standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shughes View Post
    then you are a better samaritan than most of us and again should not judge those that are not up to your social etiquette standards.
    I'll simply stop you right there and say I wasn't judging anyone. But the OP in this case had a booth to sell stuff in a market environment. If you do that, you have to expect people to come and talk to you. That was my point.

I had my gall stones removed the other day, I think it may have been because of a complication from the sex change surgery last month, I decided I wanted to be woman because then I can hang out in the womens locker room at the gym without getting in trouble....Oh did someone say something about a gauge and social etiquette? I think they took that in the partial lobotomy. Want to see my scars?

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    That's a bit harsh. If you like all the people you meet, you aren't meeting enough people. While I enjoy meeting new people and hearing new things , I know a few dingbats and brain damage cases that waste my time. repeating the same old crap time after time. I don't like to be rude unless I determine that it has a tactical advantage. Then, i am pretty good at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links