Car burglary - Page 2

Car burglary

This is a discussion on Car burglary within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the sovereign nation of Dennis1209ville, that's a capitol offense immediately punishable by three swings of the aluminum baseball bat. No 911, no appeal, no ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Car burglary

Thumbs up

In the sovereign nation of Dennis1209ville, that's a capitol offense immediately punishable by three swings of the aluminum baseball bat. No 911, no appeal, no bail or bond, and no 10 years to imposition of sentence. When I travel to the U.S.A. my actions are restrained and confined to the law of the land to include; calling law enforcement, witnessing, then bringing said aluminum baseball bat to bear and administering Dennis1209ville justice. Dennis1209ville has no international treaties with other nations, therefor there would be NO extraditions. Under Dennis1209ville statute 1209-7, section II, juveniles under the age of 18 will immediately receive a caning of 20 lashes with a rattan whip.

O.K. I'm now awake

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I'm not about to allow somebody to break into my car while I'm watching, without going out and asking "Hey what's going on here?"

What happens after that is determined by dirtbag.
    That's what I'm saying. I'm not going to stay back and call 911 if someone is stealing my stuff. I'm gonna go get the guy. If he pulls a weapon on me, then it was his decision to escalate, not mine. I don't go looking for trouble, but if it finds me, then I am going to act. Not sit back and watch.

Same as if my neighbors need assistance or someone shows up on my door needing help. They will get it. Anything less is apathy.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I'm not about to allow somebody to break into my car while I'm watching, without going out and asking "Hey what's going on here?"

Plus 2 on thet!!!.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey phreddy: I was not aware this law was amended in 1995. Bottom line though is that not that long ago, someone heard noise where his truck was parked, saw someone bending over into the bed and yelled for him to stop. The perp got in his car and started driving away. The truck owner fired at the fleeing car and wounded the driver who got away but later went to the hospital for treatment and was arrested. The truck owner was never charged and he probably would not have been charged had the perp died. It may be the law but I doubt I would be aiming to shoot someone in the back over "stuff". It may be a felony but it still is not an imminent danger to me, particularly when he is leaving me with his back turned. Just me sayin, but I can understand many who "do not take lightly" to anyone stealing their hard-earned possessions. IMO, if it is insured, they can have it when their actions are not such that I am being directly confronted. I do not intend to confront the perp who may be better at this gun stuff than me--the stuff can be replaced--I cannot. If I can see them facing me, I can presume imminent threat, since they are committing a felony, and I will use my firearm. Hey that is just me and I easily can understand others who will take immediate, positive and lawful action with their firearms.

someone else's car.... "hey dik head, get the hell out of there!!" my car? different story. I call the cops so they can take to jail whats left

Quote Originally Posted by carverelli View Post
    someone else's car.... "hey dik head, get the hell out of there!!"
    What if it is his car?

This I can relate to. I view the intrusion as more than just stealing. I consider my home sacred ground and would have no problem killing to defend it.

My car is just property, yet I have a problem with someone violating it as well. The last thing I would do is just allow it to happen. I would likely have my gun in hand behind my back and demand he exit my car, if he runs, so beit. If he threatens me, I would use force.

Quote Originally Posted by odeaar View Post
    If I was approaching the vehicle (yards away) and saw someone leaning into my car (I never have windows down), my first reaction would be to verbally question their intent with a commanding voice as I quickened my pace. I know this could escalate the situation, but it would be difficult to see that situation take place with my vehicle and stop, take pictures, notes, directions, etc. Granted that would probably be the best thing to do, but it also sounds like a next morning realization. Hopefully the yelling would startle him and he would flee thereby minimizing the damage done to my car that he would never pay for. Just watching the car get vandalized (costly repairs) so that he could go to jail (the good part) means I still have to spend lots $$$ to get repairs to the dash, seats, etc. done (bad part). If he doesn't flee, I feel pretty confident that I can handle him in a hand to hand scenario where a gun solution would not be appropriate unless he responded with a bigger weapon than a 5 finger sandwich. I am convinced that there is a middle place for SD from loud verbal commands to lethal force. The gun is not always the answer and should not always be the “go-to” answer. An ass-beatin’ falls in that category and still has its place where a loud-mouthed punk is too scared and untrained to carry a threat at that level. Just my $.02.
    I wish I were as confident in my hand to hand combat. I'm only 5' 10 190 lb's. My last resort would be to point and fire my gun, but watching is not an option. IMO, wrong doers need to be confronted as often as possible.

VIP Member
    I would have to assume he found that .25 Jennings I had stashed in the console, which makes him an armed felon, right?
    Buckj likes this.

I don't want to tell you what i would do, it would not be nice. No one is taking my hard EARNED property.
    Buckj likes this.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    What if it is his car?
    Why would he be taking the stereo and amp out of HIS car in the middle of a Target parking lot with the car alarm blaring away all the while looking o er his shoulder for the mall cops to show up with their high performance 2- way radios.

I'm not saying...... I'm just saying

Hey maat:Absolutely agree with your #22 reply. It just isn't me as a 100% action item. In the back of my mind, as a conservative kind of guy who knows how to use his firearm, is a youngish 70 years old, and has a background as an engineer and never touched a firearm until about 4 years ago, my first thought is that whoever he is, he may be armed, may be a heck of a lot better at this "gun stuff" than me and I can die. Over what? Insured stuff--that's what. As I said before, the stuff can be replaced--I cannot. As my first sentence says, I agree with you 100%--it just is not me.Hopefully all we ever do is come up with threads and replies on this forum w/o ever experiencing same. G-d Bless

Quote Originally Posted by maat View Post
    I wish I were as confident in my hand to hand combat. I'm only 5' 10 190 lb's. My last resort would be to point and fire my gun, but watching is not an option. IMO, wrong doers need to be confronted as often as possible.
    I agree. Too many times I see people post on this forum that they would not confront a bad guy doing this or that. And granted, I would agree in some cases where I think the risk is just way too high. But sometimes we have to take risk. What is that saying about when good men do nothing? As a society we have to stand up and say that we aren't going to take it anymore. I believe most of our laws here in Texas have been written with that idea in mind and give us a lot of protection when the bad guy is about to or in progress of committing a felony. The more and more people chose not to get involved, the more crime will exist as a result.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I don't carry a firearm to defend our society. That's Superman's job, the military, and law enforcement. If you don't think we are standing up to criminals, you need to be active politically to elect people who share your concerns. Look at the illegal alien problem. We're not enforcing our own laws, and prosecuting LEOs and border patrol agents who are acting in good faith to enforce those laws.

Your issues are political, and aren't solved with your gun, or your desire to confront bad guys.

Personally, I carry to be safe, and increase the likelihood of a violence-free existence. Confronting someone who may be carrying a firearm, and may be more prepared than I think doesn't help me meet my goals. My cars are all insured. Why take the risk? Your widow and young kids can be standing over your coffin saying, "He confronted that guy to protect his hard-earned property. By doing so, he has made our society safer!" Hopefully you really believed in protecting your part of our society, and carried a lot of life insurance for your family.

If you want to confront bad guys, I'd suggest you a) join the military [I did - retired over a decade ago], b) get a job in law enforcement, and c) fight for legislative representatives who feel like you do.
    Last edited by MadMac; November 4th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.

Thank you MadMac. Your last reply says it all and I agree with what you have to say. Peace and G-d Bless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links