Learning lesson's the hard way. - Page 2

Learning lesson's the hard way.

This is a discussion on Learning lesson's the hard way. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The change thing. Alot of ppl never carry $$. They use debit....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Learning lesson's the hard way.

The change thing. Alot of ppl never carry $$. They use debit.

You guys are missing the point.

If you are accosted for a handout by a guy carrying a base ball bat and you say no, better not turn your back on him.

That is easy SA.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeo View Post
    You guys are missing the point.

If you are accosted for a handout by a guy carrying a base ball bat and you say no, better not turn your back on him.

That is easy SA.
    He probably got the baseball bat in the sporting goods section... prolly didn't have it on him at the entrance or lot where he asked for the money....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

my government already gives a lot of my money to people who wont work for it. With that said, I have given people several dollars at different times, but that's not the norm. I'm more apt to stop on the side of the road for a car with its hood up and steam rising from the engine compartment. I'll make a phone call for them and give them a gallon of water. But to the guy holding the sign or approaching me out of the blue, no thanks.
    There is work all over the place for someone willing to work. Hell, millions of illegals take the chance of getting caught trying to cross the borders at a chance of a better life here in the great ole US of A, and you have guys wanting pure handouts.

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Again understanding you may choose not to be religious but for those that are, it's hard to deny what Jesus is telling us to do. I often give out grocery store gift cards or money to those in need. What they do with it is their business but I know what I am supposed to do.

As far as being SA, it's pretty tough to CONSTANTLY be watching your 6. But if you and your spouse work together it makes it much, much easier if you both are on the same page.
    smolck likes this.
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

I learned a long time ago not to reach into my pockets for change or pull my wallet out for strangers. At that point you are vunarable. I just say no.
    Semper Fi
    P.S. I do a lot of charity work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links