Run this senario to all those anti-gun critics.........

This is a discussion on Run this senario to all those anti-gun critics......... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Police: Armed Man Robs Bank Customer At ATM - News Archive Story - WMUR New Hampshire...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Run this senario to all those anti-gun critics.........

Run this senario to all those anti-gun critics.........

2. Remove Ads

Oh this one is too easy. I don't even need my gun. I would just ease on the gas and steer left and give him a nasty scrape along the wall.
    Eagleks likes this.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

VIP Member
    Unless you already have your gun unholstered the odds of getting it into play in a case like this is very slim, leaving you limited options.
    Option 1: Avoid drive up ATM's at night.
    Option 2: When he hits the hood, you hit the gas.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I just cannot understand why anyone has to use an ATM night or daylight. Sorry but it is another excuse for people not to get off their fat yada yadas and go into the bank. At night it is dangerous--heck in the daylight it is dangerous and YOU PAY A FEE TO GET YOUR MONEY--ARE YOU CRAZY? You are exposed badly and don't you think with all the ATM robberies out there that this obvious thought is not lost on the BGs? Situational awareness should always be number 1 and number one on that list is you do not put yourself in an obvious/possible dangerous position. Hey to each his own--have at it and when you have a problem you only have yourself to blame---it would never have happened--you went to the ATM machine before the BG.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I just cannot understand why anyone has to use an ATM night or daylight. Sorry but it is another excuse for people not to get off their fat yada yadas and go into the bank. The bank might not be open, maybe there are kids in the car and its easer to use the atm, there are a hole lot of reasons to use an atm not just because you think there lazy.At night it is dangerous--heck in the daylight it is dangerous and YOU PAY A FEE TO GET YOUR MONEY--ARE YOU CRAZY? I don't pay a fee. Walking out of the bank with a wad of cash is any less dangerous. You are exposed badly and don't you think with all the ATM robberies out there that this obvious thought is not lost on the BGs? Situational awareness should always be number 1 and number one on that list is you do not put yourself in an obvious/possible dangerous position. Hey to each his own--have at it and when you have a problem you only have yourself to blame---it would never have happened--you went to the ATM machine before the BG.
    Robbery's happen every where, yes at an atm you are more exposed and a robber knows you have money since you are at an atm but is it any more dangerous them anything else? How many people are robbed every day walking down the street? How many people get robbed a day at ATM's?

That robber was very bold and a little stupid. I could see where if the car took off the robber could have been in a tight spot. If it was me I would have cut into the building a little and ran my rig down the side of his body trying to run his ass over with the back tire or hook his leg with the side of the bumper. I keep my rig in drive while at the atm so I can leave fast but if given the chance here backing out would have been a great way to do him some damage and bring my weapon into play if I needed to return fire.

ATM's definitely require greater awareness...there are a couple I will use, middle of the day, and some that I won't no matter the time. BTW, no fee at the ones I use. Sorry about discounting your No.1 list, but I can't sit locked in a steel "saferoom" sipping purified water from a hardened underground supply and having "HAL" prepare my meals for me and slip them through an all mechanical cubbyhole sallyport in the wall 24/7.

One must live a little now and then, go to a restaurant, attend a show, perhaps sit on the porch and take in a sunset...all of which are "obvious/possible dangerous position"(s). One does what one can do, hopefully it will be enough.

No offense intended...woke up grumpy and in pain again this AM and this is what happens on those days...
    shockwave and Deuce130 like this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    I just cannot understand why anyone has to use an ATM night or daylight. Sorry but it is another excuse for people not to get off their fat yada yadas and go into the bank. At night it is dangerous--heck in the daylight it is dangerous and YOU PAY A FEE TO GET YOUR MONEY--ARE YOU CRAZY? You are exposed badly and don't you think with all the ATM robberies out there that this obvious thought is not lost on the BGs? Situational awareness should always be number 1 and number one on that list is you do not put yourself in an obvious/possible dangerous position. Hey to each his own--have at it and when you have a problem you only have yourself to blame---it would never have happened--you went to the ATM machine before the BG.
    Nothing quite like blaming the victim.
    Elk Hunter likes this.

In related news: Hard times in Hazard county, what's a good 'ol boy to do?

I think I would have done like others said drive into the wall or drive away.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Who pays fees at an ATM? I use the ATM at my Credit Union, no fees at all. I have used ATM to deposit and withdraw cash for 25 years, hundreds of times.....never been robbed.....why? I am always prepared. You can't go through life scared to go outside. You expose yourself to the world every time you leave you home. Be prepared and aware of your situation and you are fine. If a criminal is bold enough and aggressive enough there is little the average Joe can do. But personally, I am not the average Joe. That's why I made the choice to carry, I keep myself in good shape and always know my surroundings and situation.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I try to tell you why alot have to use ATM.

Being in management for more years than I like to count, I had to make nightly drops of deposit.

If you did not make the nightly drop you didnt have a job . ( hope that clears that up)

For me and I know for thousands in the same boat it can be very late at night . ( by the way the employer could carless about

your saftey but you better get that deposit in the bank). I allways dropped quickley and get out of there .

Probably not much of a fan of that new fangled internet thing either.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Can we say robber sandwich with plenty of catsup? Oh, the red stuff is not catsup, its his lifeblood streaming down after I hit the gas and grind him into the building. Call the painter along with the cops cause they will need to repaint the building.
    Gforty likes this.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Nobody is getting near me at the ATMs I use without me being aware of their presence well before they are that close, and since I drive an F150 4x4, I doubt if anyone would try that over the hood trick if they did get that close! And I wouldn't even need my gun--just hit the gas, then the brake, then run over him as he fell off the hood. There isn't enough room between the truck and the ATM for anyone to squeeze in there.

And by the way, I don't pay a fee to use the ATM at my bank. And I only use it to get some cash out. If I need to make a deposit or make a payment, I get off my yadda yadda and go inside and talk with the very nice ladies in the bank.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Ex Member Array Jim Rat-a tat tat's Avatar
    A typical work day at the gym for me would be around 14 hours. I am never able to go to a bank during the hours they are open. My bank does not charge a ATM fee. Between ATM's and online banking I haven't had to step in to the bank in years. I am far from lazy.
    On a more important note I refuse to live my life in fear. If some "gansta" wants to try and take my wallet he had better bring his A game!
    Buckj likes this.

After this incident locally, I don't use ATM's. This took place at 8:30 in the morning with witnesses around.

Woman shot, killed outside Knoxville bank ATM - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

There are more people walking the street that are just plain crazy as loons than there ever has been before. They have no regard whatsoever for human life and will kill you as quickly as they wipe out a character in a video game. They never give it a second thought. The courts allow them to use the insanity defense and they are housed and fed for the rest of their lives at taxpayer expense. The loon who shot Reagan is allowed field trips from the hospital to visit his mother, apparently feeling that he no longer poses a threat. I wonder how Jodie Foster feels every time they let this jerk out of his cage?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links