Armed Robbery Wave in Cbus - Students Without Firearms - Page 2

Armed Robbery Wave in Cbus - Students Without Firearms

This is a discussion on Armed Robbery Wave in Cbus - Students Without Firearms within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it all schools or just state schools that do not allow carry in Ohio? My school is private but posted anyhow so it makes ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armed Robbery Wave in Cbus - Students Without Firearms

Is it all schools or just state schools that do not allow carry in Ohio? My school is private but posted anyhow so it makes no difference to me.

I was going to go to Cleveland State, but transferred over to Baldwin Wallace. Got sick of going downtown after spending three years at tri-c. It is conveniently located across from the projects. Didn't mind it during the day, but getting out of night classes always left me a bit uneasy. I spend quite a bit more, but get to go to a smaller school in the suburbs.

Its unfortunate whats going on down there. With all the rules for campuses one is very limited with what they can do. Pepper Spray of course. May have to go with the flashlight idea. Gives me an excuse to buy a surefire. I have carried a knife with me a few times. This was an accident. Forgot I had it on me when scurrying out in the morning.

I really wish they would change some of the rules regarding this stuff. Giving student a means to defend themselves may be more effective than the scattered call boxes I find.

Most of the crimes started at absurd times of night (3-5am) but have progressed into earlier hours. The last 3 armed robberies at OSU have been before 8pm. Situational awareness and planning are obviously a great tool, but just help minimize a threat, not eliminate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links