Aftermath... Can I still carry? - Page 2

Aftermath... Can I still carry?

This is a discussion on Aftermath... Can I still carry? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Texas, if you are charged with an offense your license will be suspended, like Sixto suggested, until the matter is settled. If you are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Aftermath... Can I still carry?

In Texas, if you are charged with an offense your license will be suspended, like Sixto suggested, until the matter is settled. If you are found guilty, it will be revoked, if found not guilty, you are good to go.

Now to actually be charged, it will have to go to the grand jury and they will have to find if there is enough evidence to support the charge. During all this, there won't be reason to suspend your license most likely, (domestic violence, all bets are off), departments can request the license be suspended if they feel it is warranted.

So during the investigative period after the event, you're most likely going to be good to go in carrying another gun.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I still hate the idea of possibly losing my firearm for good. If I knew I'd receive it back in a timely manner after everything is over, this wouldn't be a big deal. But I hear stories of people having their guns taken (illegally) for much simpler issues, like OCing and a officer that doesn't know the law. And then they need to file lawsuits just to get their gun back...

Knowing I may never seen my sacred G30SF again makes me sad.

Down here a SD shooting will go before a Grand Jury,your gun will be taken as evidence and if the GJ finds that you were legally justified in the shooting,then you should be able to get your gun back.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Never shoot someone with something meaningful to you. It's going to sprout wings.
    What kind of wisdom is that? Does that mean you carry a gun dedicated for use and one dedicated for just carry? One is a flashy safe queen and the other is a piece of trash to use as self defense gun? Carry what works, a trusted gun that won't let you down. Save your life and worry about the consequences later.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links