Time change - Page 2

Time change

This is a discussion on Time change within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If time change is your major complaint, the world is in great shape....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Time change

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If time change is your major complaint, the world is in great shape.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I live on the eastern edge of the central time zone. In another month, it is pitch black by 4:45pm. Sucks!

Ex Member Array Jim Rat-a tat tat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Damn, those CR123's are expensive.....
    Thats true but worth it if you ever have the misfortune of needing a light to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I believe it is time to do away with daylight savings, roll it forward an hour and leave it be.

Actually, we just LEFT daylight savings time. To get rid of it, would mean that we keep the clocks where they are right now. It's a popular misconception. For years, I thought that when we fell back, we were ENTERING daylight savings time. I'd vote that we keep DST year round, but I'd feel bad for the kids having to catch the morning bus in the pitch dark during the winter.

I saw a poll on CNN.com on Sunday that asked if people would like to get ride of DST. About 70 percent did. I bet most of that 70% had it backwards.
    RMS likes this.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Somehow Arizona and Hawaii survive without going on DST.

But DST could be a tactical advantage. If someone attacks you an instant before 2:00 Sunday morning on the day of fall-back, suddenly it's an hour earlier and you have plenty of time to avoid the attack.
    smolck likes this.

Administrator
    PROBLEM SOLVED. But, expect funny looks from the neighbors when you're out there walking the dog.

always wondered how people that work 11pm to 7am handle the change.....do they have to work 9 hours in the fall and only 7 in the spring?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by mattinfla View Post
    please remember to change the batteries in your smoke detectors when you change the clocks

matt
    glocks? I need to change my glocks???
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Thank heaven I moved to Arizona. They got it right the first time and never fell for the 'spring ahead. fall behind' stuff. (= we don't do Daylight Time. One clock setting, year 'round.)
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    always wondered how people that work 11pm to 7am handle the change.....do they have to work 9 hours in the fall and only 7 in the spring?
    I worked the mid shift Saturday night into Sunday morning and your answer is yes. We get an hour of overtime. In the spring we still work 8 hrs. The shifts just overlap and have a little extra man power for that 1 hour.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Yes.

They get an extra hour of pay in the fall and lose that hour in the spring as well. I know, I are a shift worker... but I work 3-11 pm except when I work til 2:30am and if that falls on the change I work an extra hour of ot.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    glocks? I need to change my glocks???
    No, just the batteries in 'em. Twice a year... that's why it's called "regular as Glock work."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill View Post
    I wish they'd move the time forward 30 minutes next spring and then leave it alone!
    That sounds like a fairly brilliant idea actually.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I believe it is time to do away with daylight savings, roll it forward an hour and leave it be.
    I totally agree, the point of daylight savings was so the farmers could get their produce to market in the morning without working in the dark, except now they have quarter of a million dollar combines with heated cabs, dvd players and lights like a football stadium!

I don't really care if we go to DLST or leave it "regular" time--I just wish they would pick one and stick with it! I hate the twice a year time change! The older I get, the longer it takes my body to adjust to the change. I'm now waking up an hour earlier and getting tired an hour ealier at night. It'll take me another couple of weeks to adjust, at least. And the original reason behind the switch is OBE in todays world. There is really no need for it any longer. I'd like the 'gubment to put it to a vote!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links