Aren't Metal Detectors quite presumptuous? - Page 2

Aren't Metal Detectors quite presumptuous?

This is a discussion on Aren't Metal Detectors quite presumptuous? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to admit, when it comes to matters of concealed carry, the second amendment, and the public perceptions thereof, my sense of humor gets ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Aren't Metal Detectors quite presumptuous?

VIP Member
    I have to admit, when it comes to matters of concealed carry, the second amendment, and the public perceptions thereof, my sense of humor gets a bit dry.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I mean, obviously they wouldn't let me through, but could they really charge me with a crime?
    Ummm, yes...

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Thank you.. I should have realized by now that people on this forum have little sense of humor. They take everything way too seriously. I was expecting replies like:

"That would be funny!"

or

"Why don't you try it and let us know!"

or

"Yeah, I knew this one guy who did that, and here's what happened to him....."

or

"Maybe they'd get a sign and post it after that.."

etc... But no.. Instead I get my intelligence insulted. But I'm quite used to that around here, so life goes on.
    Just maybe the reason its not funny, is because it relates to GUNS and BREAKING the LAW...What is so funny about that. I fail to see what is funny in all of that. Maybe next time you want a laugh try the off topic section.

To address why we are serious, read above sentence.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Not busting your chops,I too have said things before I engaged my brain,but I got your drift that you knew carrying would probably be against the law so you secured your weapons,There are several places I can't carry,or even have a knife,like the VA where I go for treatment,I usually forget about my knife,and have never had an LEO confront me.
    But I would advise in the future not to question Cops why they can carry but you can't will usually get a pretty anal response and get you on their radar,that question is best left to people that can carry it into court,which is why many States now issue carry permits.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There are several places I can't carry,or even have a knife,like the VA where I go for treatment,I usually forget about my knife,and have never had an LEO confront me.
    Oh.. now that you mention it, I forgot to say something in my original post. While we were in line, one of the officers was walking down the line and looked at my wife's bag and asked if she had a knife in there. She said no, of course. After he left we looked at each other and laughed because normally she would have a gun in that bag. But the man didn't ask if there was a gun in the bag, he only asked if there was a knife in there. Strange, huh?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I accidentally carried into a Federal building this summer....I only realized my mistake once I had entered the building and saw the metal detectors. I asked the guards "Why the metal detector?" Answer "DA's office is in the building". Whoops! I asked if I could check my legally carried handgun with them while at my meeting, and was cordially asked to stow it in my vehicle. No drama, but I'm sure it would've been different if I hadn't been courteous to the guards.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

"Maybe they'd get a sign and post it after that.."
    I used to think this would be a good thing to do. It would put you on notice that to pass that point while armed would be a violation of State or Federal Law. I thought it would be similar to posting speed limit signs notifying people of the law.
    Trouble is with all these local government posting illegal signs regarding gun possession how would we know which ones are legit?

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I used to think this would be a good thing to do. It would put you on notice that to pass that point while armed would be a violation of State or Federal Law. I thought it would be similar to posting speed limit signs notifying people of the law.
    Trouble is with all these local government posting illegal signs regarding gun possession how would we know which ones are legit?

Michael
    Give all signs the force of law and make disobeying them a criminal offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Give all signs the force of law and make disobeying them a criminal offense.
    The cities that have been illegally posting no weapons signs at parks in violation of their own State laws would love that idea.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links