Followed Home After Bar Altercation

This is a discussion on Followed Home After Bar Altercation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You upset a bunch of drunk guys at the bar. Three of them follow you home shouting threats and coming close to you but never ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Followed Home After Bar Altercation

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

You upset a bunch of drunk guys at the bar.

Three of them follow you home shouting threats and coming close to you but never making contact.

You are armed, how would you react in this scenario, assume you are in this situation and don't respond with what you would have done to avoid it.

Don't go home for starters (then they know where you live, etc.). Go to a Fire Station or a Police Station. Given the assumed facts, I call the Police.

I will share an actual story with similar facts later in the thread.

Ditto on don't lead them to your house.

Do you have a cell phone, call the police. If it escalates to the point you feel you are in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death, follow the laws of the state you are in as far as self defense force.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I agree with Rock and Glock. Don't go home first of all. If you have a cell. Call 911 and let them know you are being followed and the story behind it. Stay on the phone til they catch up with you. If you don't have a cell. Go to Police Station etc.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Shouting threats..i can handle that..go from my car inside my house saying nothing to them. It has not escalated into a situation where i need to pull my firearm. I assume they have not blocked my way into the house. I can defend better from inside the house where i can now call police and describe them and their car. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me. No sticks and stones no firearm needed...

"Look, guys, let's call it a night... here's a 10 spot, go have a round on me..."

(That's pretty much straight out of In The Gravest Extreme)

I have attempted to defuse... the next move is up to them. If they don't turn around, 911, speaker phone, phone in pocket. Ready.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

1st, I wouldn't be armed (w/ a handgun) while at a bar drinking...or not drinking for that matter.

2nd, I'd never be stupid enough to let them follow me home. If "it's" going to happen, it's going to happen right then and there at the bar.

Not sure how many of you walk or drive around with people following you, yelling obsceneties. Again, for me, this is a fantastical scenerio. And trust me...I've spent my fair share of time in biker bars,regular bars and had plenty of altercations with drunk morons...this is not how it goes down. lol
    Last edited by NYCrulesU; November 15th, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
    TVJ, Spade115, Hopyard and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    If you ever think you are being followed don't go home. Like someone else said "drive to the local police dept".
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Hope you weren't in the bar armed !! If it was me, ( I am 72 ) and there were 3 drunks following me shouting threats, I know that in my mind I would think that they had every intent to do me bodily harm, therefore because I don't just carry for the fun of it, I would display my weapon, maybe depending on the location fire 1 shot in the ground, never pointing the pistol at them, then tell them to get lost or let the games begin. At 72 I'm to old for kind of crap. PS. This has happened once to me, lucky for the duffes, he got out of dodge, and I never heard any more about it. Note back then I didn't have a CC permit, and lived in WIsconsin.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    Hope you weren't in the bar armed !!
    Why not, it is legal in PA.
    Yankeejib, Eagleks and Dumbledork like this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I dont drink or go to bars. Also i doubt they could have followed me home unnoticed.So i too would not be in this situation but i tried to answer the situation as it was presented

Even if it is legal in your state, why would anyone go to a bar armed? You can't drink, and you will only be surrounded by idiots looking for trouble. Seems like your scenario is 100% avoidable, don't go.

Sort of how I know I won't be eaten by a shark, I keep my white hiney out the ocean!
    NYCrulesU and Catfan63 like this.

To amend my previous post... They aren't going to follow me home... unless I'm on foot... And I ain't on foot. Farthest they'll follow me is towards my car. It is at that point I'll offer them the ten... If they have surreptitiously followed me home and I was unaware of it, per the scenario... then well, things are a bit different.

I can't offer them the ten spot... I can show them the muzzle of my gun... they can leave, or not... but I'm talkin' to 911. This can only end badly, perhaps for me but I can assure you that they won't go away unscathed, unless they just leave. And then 911 will have a plate number and description to work with.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

My lawyer constantly reminds me: intent is everything.

You know, it is funny how many people have said to drive to a police station. Well, I've always heard the same thing all my life. The thing is, something similar to this happened to me when I was 16, which was back around 1992. This was in the time before cell phones. I was being followed due to a traffic altercation (which to this day I believe was their fault). Driving to a police station was the first thing that came to mind. Only I shortly realized I didn't actually know where a police station was. I'd never really had a reason to go to one.

What ended up solving this problem for me was a BB gun. A the time I had a $20 BB pistol in my car which was a very bad imitation of a 1911. It wouldn't hold up to scrutiny closer than about 6 feet. I stopped at a traffic light and they pulled up next to me. I really couldn't see inside their vehicle as they had very dark tint. But it appeared there was more than one of them in there. I pulled out the BB gun and held it up in a position that might look like I was racking the slide (although the slide didn't really move on this one) As soon as they saw that, they sped off as fast as they could and that was the end of it. My bluff worked. I was quite relieved.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links