How do you feel about large doors with big fancy see through windows in them? - Page 2

How do you feel about large doors with big fancy see through windows in them?

This is a discussion on How do you feel about large doors with big fancy see through windows in them? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They could install a double keyed deadbolt so even breaking a small hole and reaching in won't allow them to unlock the door. Of course ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you feel about large doors with big fancy see through windows in them?

Distinguished Member
    They could install a double keyed deadbolt so even breaking a small hole and reaching in won't allow them to unlock the door. Of course they would need to remove the inside key and store it out of reach of the door as well.

They could also have something like 3M security film installed so even a baseball bat hit to the glass wouldn't break it. It works great on smooth glass windows but I don't think it would be as effective on a window like that though, but it might.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    That's not a door that's a window on hinges with a knob. I'll take a solid door and a peep hole thank you, I don't want people knowing I'm at the door until I know who they are, and have had a chance to just walk away and not answer.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    That's not a door that's a window on hinges with a knob. I'll take a solid door and a peep hole thank you, I don't want people knowing I'm at the door until I know who they are, and have had a chance to just walk away and not answer.
    I have a door that will usually show a caller a shadow that I am checking the door. When I don't answer, it seems some people feel the need to ring again, or knock harder. I get a chuckle out of that.

If I don't know you or didn't arrange for the visit, I'm not opening the door. Period.

3D
    If security is a concern (it always is for me now) I would choose a more 'solid', substantial door.
    I don't like the idea of being seen or 'silhouetted' when I'm near or approach the door.

Might be wrong but I gotta think it would be easier to breach and gain entry through that one than an architecturally pleasing steel door..... is there such a thing
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links