Screaming neighbors - Page 2

Screaming neighbors

This is a discussion on Screaming neighbors within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Point him towards the local OWS; there're plenty of phones and ipads for the taking. Now that I'm in the country, I kinda miss all ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Screaming neighbors

VIP Member
    Point him towards the local OWS; there're plenty of phones and ipads for the taking.

Now that I'm in the country, I kinda miss all the domestic yelling. I can't hear the neighbors, but they can hear our macaws and cockatoos all right.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Pull the ear defenders out of the shooting bag and go about my business.

Hey SIXTO, half of those post don't count. After all saying a thread is closed isn't really a post!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MinuteMan45 View Post
    Actually there are laws on the books (in Michigan) stating that an operator of a bicycle can be detained and charged with OWI. Not exactly a likely situation though...
    Way off topic, but that is not unique to Michigan.
    "Just blame Sixto"

As a resident of a small apartment complex that experiences this type of behavior on a weekly basis your best bet is to not get involved or if things sound to be bad call 911. Local LE are here so often they don't even ask who it was they just knock on either one of two doors.

A couple of things, first, if I was going to watch this play out I would want to make sure he could not see me watching him through the window. You don't want him getting pissed of and coming over into your yard yelling "What the #### are YOU looking at!"

Secondly if I did call 911 again I would prefer he or the occupants of the house not know I called 911. They might be upset about someone sticking their nose in.

Third, I hope the comment about sharing medical marijuana is a joke becasue from my understanding dispensing medical marijuana without proper permits is illegal.

I'd immediately gear up. . Bullet proof vest. . NBC mask. . Ghillie suit. . Night vision scope. Take at least 3 pistols with 4 mags each, plus a main battle rifle and an assault rifle with 300 rounds for each. . Head out the back door and begin surveying my AO while keeping an encrypted com-line open with the other members of my MAG, just in case the guy was a diversion and an assault team was moving in on my location. . . .

Or sit on the porch and watch the fun. But I would keep my cell phone handy in case things got outta hand. . .
    RugerMike and INccwchris like this.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Quote Originally Posted by bcvojak View Post
    I'd immediately gear up. . Bullet proof vest. . NBC mask. . Ghillie suit. . Night vision scope. Take at least 3 pistols with 4 mags each, plus a main battle rifle and an assault rifle with 300 rounds for each. . Head out the back door and begin surveying my AO while keeping an encrypted com-line open with the other members of my MAG, just in case the guy was a diversion and an assault team was moving in on my location. . . .
    WHEW...and I thought I was the only one!!
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

So are you saying that there are times you are around the house WITHOUT wearing your Ghillie suit???

I think a .177 cal pellet to the arse from a concealed position would be warranted. 3-4 pumps should do the trick.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by modernknight View Post
    LOL Tactical canned bacon....
    thats like the jersey boot for breaching...LOL if you guys know about the jersey boot, congrats its the "best ever" lol I will try to find the video for it and post a link.

I would have still called 911...quite frankly when I am at home I dont need to hear people yelling and getting stupid next door. who knows if the guy is going to go get a gun and comeback on his bike to do a Peddle by shooting...lol
    Thats called a ride by
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Bullet proof vest. . NBC mask. . Ghillie suit. . Night vision scope. Take at least 3 pistols with 4 mags each, plus a main battle rifle and an assault rifle with 300 rounds for each.
    Isn't that how ya'll sit on the porch? Ya need to be prepared ya know.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    17,000!!! Good Lord - your really do need to get past your shyness.

OP - I wouldn't do anything other than be aware of the situation. In my entire life, I've never called 911. If the situation had me concerned, I might call the dispatch desk on a non-emergent number and describe it to them, so that it's on their radar.
    Very prudent course of action IMO... Let the dispatcher decide if a car needs to be sent out, or cruse the area.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Sorry for some of the sarcasm of fellow members. An answer to your thread is it cannot hurt to call 911-I assume the yelling and screaming is beyond a little angst and closer to a violent outburst. Your thread does beg the question of "why"---why should you be involved in any way shape or form beyond calling the police? It is none of your business.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I'm with grabing the beers and maybe some nachos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links