Screaming neighbors

This is a discussion on Screaming neighbors within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in a pretty quiet subdivision. My community is not gated, but could practically be gated. I live on a corner, the house next ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Screaming neighbors

Screaming neighbors

I live in a pretty quiet subdivision. My community is not gated, but could practically be gated. I live on a corner, the house next to me is vacant, although the previous occupant was LEO, and the house behind me is your average middle income house full of twenty somethings who smoke pot on the weekend. Other than that, Ive never met any neighbors.

Recently, while home on a weekday, i heard shouting outside, and my dogs went nuts. I was carrying around the house. I realized the noise was coming from a house across the street, where a guy in his 20s (?) was beating on the front door of a house in shouting at the occupant. I kept an eye on him for a bit, and he kept yelling about letting him in, and give back my *edited* phone, and the like. Every once in a while, he would walk down to the end of the driveway, sit on the curb, and after a few minutes would walk back and starting out mellow, work his way back up to screaming. At one point he left on his bicycle, and then came back and started again. He made no attempt to try to enter the house other than the shouting. It seemed to be a friend/ boyfriend/ roommate who had gotten kicked out for some reason. Eventually he left. I didn't call 911 because as this went on, he just seemed frustrated/confused, not particularly threatening other than just noisy.

Other than calling 911, what would you have done?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jes3se View Post

Other than calling 911, what would you have done?
    Grabbed a beer and enjoyed the front row seat to "Springer Live from Phoenix."

(hows that for a 17,000 post?)
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

17,000!!! Good Lord - your really do need to get past your shyness.

OP - I wouldn't do anything other than be aware of the situation. In my entire life, I've never called 911. If the situation had me concerned, I might call the dispatch desk on a non-emergent number and describe it to them, so that it's on their radar.
    2wheelGnnr and Spade115 like this.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    What exactly could you do, no need for you to be involved. Just mind your own business and worry about it only if it comes to your door.

Sixto, get a life dude. There is more to life than the internet.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Would have approached him cautiously, letting him know I was coming. Then I'd ask if I could help or be of some assistance, and if not, I might offer him some medical marijuana, and a beer just to calm his nerves. I don't think there's a law ( yet ) about driving a bike stoned.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

Do you blade yourself with the tactical beer toward the assailant or away in a retentive posture?
    oakchas likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Do you blade yourself with the tactical beer toward the assailant or away in a retentive posture?
    "Tactical beer" made me think of this...Tactical Bacon, good up to ten years!

ThinkGeek :: Tac Bac - Tactical Canned Bacon
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    "Tactical beer" made me think of this...Tactical Bacon, good up to ten years!

ThinkGeek :: Tac Bac - Tactical Canned Bacon
    Canned meat always reminds me of the canned pheasant which Major Winchester shared with Major Houlihan in M*A*S*H*
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

LOL Tactical canned bacon....
    thats like the jersey boot for breaching...LOL if you guys know about the jersey boot, congrats its the "best ever" lol I will try to find the video for it and post a link.

I would have still called 911...quite frankly when I am at home I dont need to hear people yelling and getting stupid next door. who knows if the guy is going to go get a gun and comeback on his bike to do a Peddle by shooting...lol

Hey, maybe mom took his cel pone away for bad grades? If so, she prolly did the right thing... He'll come back and be a good boy...
    Me, 9/11/13

JTC Jersey Boot

the jersey boot. I am sure it has its applications, however if you guys get a chance to attend the USMC breachers course you will see a different side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by modernknight View Post
    JTC Jersey Boot

the jersey boot. I am sure it has its applications, however if you guys get a chance to attend the USMC breachers course you will see a different side of it.
    The Jersey boot, heh heh... close cousin to the Chinese Showel (no I didn't misspell it)

Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    The Jersey boot, heh heh... close cousin to the Chinese Showel (no I didn't misspell it)

Obviously a "GINSU" knife ripoff.
    "
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sit on the porch and watch...He will get the hint soon enough...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    Would have approached him cautiously, letting him know I was coming. Then I'd ask if I could help or be of some assistance, and if not, I might offer him some medical marijuana, and a beer just to calm his nerves. I don't think there's a law ( yet ) about driving a bike stoned.
    Actually there are laws on the books (in Michigan) stating that an operator of a bicycle can be detained and charged with OWI. Not exactly a likely situation though...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links