Swinging Baseball Bat at You = Deadly Force Threat?

This is a discussion on Swinging Baseball Bat at You = Deadly Force Threat? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 3D Gene83....that is PRECISELY the scene I had in mind when I read the news story. What's it been?...20__30years since that movie?? ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Swinging Baseball Bat at You = Deadly Force Threat?

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Gene83....that is PRECISELY the scene I had in mind when I read the news story.

What's it been?...20__30years since that movie?? It made a terrible impression on me.
    Ain't never gonna' be there as long as my Kimber is on my side!!!!
    LOL you and me both. It hurts my head just to watch. Those were some vicious licks.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rmxer85 View Post
    ...give me a ball bat and I will most definitely prove to you that it is in fact lethal.
    Probably more so than a knife.
    It reaches farther, requires little skill, and can instantly turn off an opponents ability to do anything other than swallow their teeth.
    I'm with you. I'd prefer a bat over a knife in most cases I can envision.

Michael

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Never bring a knife to a bat fight?
    9MMare likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If the red dot from the laser does not make him put the bat down and leave me alone, what follows will, a baseball bat could do more damage than i would like to sustain.

I am not as fast as I once was, and my eyes are a little worse , thereforeI have attached a laser to my gun.

If there were no keys in the car so that I could move over and drive away, I'd wait to see how intent this random guy was at getting to me. Maybe he's just mad at the world and is slamming the vehicle. It would most likely take a few blows to get thru a window. I'd see if he followed over to the driver side and started after me on that side.

Meanwhile.....I'll have called 911.

If it appears he'll get thru a window so that he can actually harm me, I'll get out and try to keep the car between us, hollaring for help. I'm not going to run and lose the only cover I have...I dont know how fast he is. (Altho it's possible that there's a business near enough that I could run into).

Gun will be drawn and warning shouted. Unless he's extremely hyped up on drugs or I trip, a single guy shouldnt be able to get around the car to get to me (a married one, maybe...arr arr). Hopefully help will come. If it doesnt and he gets the advantage on me, I'll shoot COM.

Someone mentioned pepper spray. At first, it seemed too dangerous to get that close to use it (when they could still lunge at you with the bat), but it may very well be possible to use it across the top of the car....something to consider.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

One swing of a bat can take a persons life. So I would have to say had that been me that guy would have been a split second away from losing his life

I would definitely answer a swinging bat with a couple of shots, one swing is all it takes to kill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I'm with you. I'd prefer a bat over a knife in most cases I can envision.

Michael
    This is an interesting issue for discussion of theory and fun. I know what you mean, yet I am far more practiced at knife defense and disarms; I've practiced plenty against sticks and short pipes, but there is something about that fat end of a bat that is deeply deeply scary. You can avoid damage by getting in so as to defeat the momentum, but if you time it wrong your brains will be instantly splattered. Your chance of surviving a bad cut to an arm is probably better than your chance of surviving a good bean by a bat.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Swing at me with a deadly weapon {Bat} and you`re toast Period. Let the lawyers sort it out later,I`m safe.
    12smile likes this.

I honestly can't believe some of the responses to this thread, and the only thing I can think of is that you all haven't played baseball or ever swung a bat before. With a metal bat I'd say it's 50:50 that i could break the passenger window and strike your head in one blow. 100% that I can break the passenger window and your skull in two blows.

As soon as strike 1 occurs on the front window I am giving two center mass and aiming high just in case.

A baseball bat is second in my mind of personal deadly weapons only behind someone who knows how to fire a firearm.

Sheesh, a few of you all could be dead or severely injured if you do not intend to draw and use your firearm immediately against this deadly, deadly threat.

What would you do If this happened to you ...... and you were armed?
    Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Bang.
    Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. re-assess. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang..........Bang.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 12smile View Post
    Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. re-assess. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang..........Bang.
    That last one could get you in trouble. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    That last one could get you in trouble. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    It was a hang fire....purely an accident your honor.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I think it took just one swing of the bat from the Bear Jew in Inglorious ******** (powerful movie clip) to mess up his mellon. The rest just finished him off.

The bear Jew scene! (Inglorious ********) - YouTube
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links