Heard noise while in the shower. - Page 2

Heard noise while in the shower.

This is a discussion on Heard noise while in the shower. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by azchevy Your posts amuse me to no end Adric. What we need here is a 5X like button?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Heard noise while in the shower.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Your posts amuse me to no end Adric.
    What we need here is a 5X like button?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

so....if I'm reading this right.

Adric "AND" the Mrs. were in the shower when they heard 2 loud bangs...................and his first instict was to get OUT of the shower & check it out???

I dont know about you...but it would take a lot more than 2 loud bangs for me to get out of the shower & leave the Mrs all "lathered up"

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Nope.. I had no trouble racking a round on the Glock with wet hands. I had rinsed the soap off them before getting out of the shower. I've experimented with this before. The slide on the Glock is large enough and designed in a way that I could probably rack a round even with it covered in vaseline. My taurus mousegun is a different story, though.

She thought I was over-reacting and was sure it was one of the cats knocking something over. However, that ended up not being the case.

"Life's hard, it's even harder when you're stupid."John Wayne

NRA
    IDPA

I don't know if this happens in TX but I assume it does. Up here in the great white North as the house gets cold during big temp swings it makes all kinds of loud pop and bang sounds as the wood contracts. Usually occurs when the temps go below 0 but I assume a drop from 110 to say the bone chilling 75 may do it as well.

I hope you at least cover the pistols with clothes or a towel & don't leave them on the bathroom counter in plain sight....just sayin....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Same thing happens to me. In my house, hot water in the pipes will occassionally cause a loud bang. (known as 'Hammering')

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I don't know if this happens in TX but I assume it does. Up here in the great white North as the house gets cold during big temp swings it makes all kinds of loud pop and bang sounds as the wood contracts. Usually occurs when the temps go below 0 but I assume a drop from 110 to say the bone chilling 75 may do it as well.
    I have wondered about this too. We did have a cold-front come through that dropped the temperatures down in the 40's that night and it was pretty windy outside. I think it had been like 80 degrees the day before. I've certainly heard popping noises coming from the walls and the ceiling during wind storms or temperature changes, but never that loud. At this point I'm thinking that was the most likely explanation, though.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links