around the corner of your house...

This is a discussion on around the corner of your house... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by modernknight LOL, ok, i just wanna point out I have never carried money in the wallet, not since a buddy of mine ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: around the corner of your house...

Quote Originally Posted by modernknight View Post
    LOL, ok, i just wanna point out I have never carried money in the wallet, not since a buddy of mine got mugged in jacksonville NC back in 1995...we had to protect the ID card and the beer/stripper money back then..lol
    Ya i got government/military id i gotta protect, pretty much with my life otherwise could be a threat/jeopardize national security, part of the reason i will CC..
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ya i got government/military id i gotta protect, pretty much with my life otherwise could be a threat/jeopardize national security, part of the reason i will CC..
    Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg
    Attached Images
    Hopyard likes this.

I guess you have to realize what mind set you are in and what their body language is telling you...this could happen 10 times and each time the BG could have different intentions...hell, maybe they just pistol whipped your buddy cause they didnt have any ammo and were counting on intimidation of a hand gun? There are so many things that could happen..

How about give 'em the wallet, when they turn to run, shoot 'em in the back? Fleeing felons takedown legal in some states, I've heard... and Mad Mac, you didn't predict that...

Two guys with a gun get my money, maybe not my wallet, but my money....

orrrrr..

collateral briefcase - YouTube

Nah, I ain't that good...
    jerp likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

please jerp, unlike that, it was meant tongue in cheek.

That's a joke son, a joke I say.... You got a hole in your mitt.
    atctimmy likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I would stare into their eyes then quickly move my stare behind them and nod. When they turn to see who is behind them I would shoot them both in the back of knees with my tricked out 1911 race gun. Then take their pants and send them hobbling down the road humming the Benny Hill thyme song.

OR

They would get my wallet.

I realize that there is no way I can go H2H with them or draw, fire and stop two BGs with weapons drawn before they could shoot me. This is one of the cases where the BGs win.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    That's a joke son, a joke I say.... You got a hole in your mitt.

lol, ok,
    here is what to do...toss your dip can ninja star (just like the boone county ninja) as they fire on you do your best NEO impression and dodge all the bullets as they come at you in slow motion, do a kip up off the ground and spin ninja flip kick their guns out of their hands, followed by a cheeta roll between the BG legs and deliver a judy chop to the speed bag...then growl at the second attacker as he urinates on himself...

for real though, this could have any number of out comes and the only way you will know if you made the right choice is if you are alive with no serious damage done to you. I say bottom line is to survive the encounter, if that means toss your wallet and they leave great, if that means you took your V8 today and your guardian angel is on the job and you manage out gun two guys with the drop on you thats great too....bottom line you will likely monday morning quaterback any choice you make and if you are alive monday morning then you did good.

give them the wallet. They have the drop on you and I am no kung fu expert and even if you are, you're probably going to end up getting shot.

If you really think you would do something other than hand over your wallet, you probably don't have the most realistic outlook on life.
    MadMac likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Mac, Did you not read my last sentence? He asked for options. I gave him a couple.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Mac, Did you not read my last sentence? He asked for options. I gave him a couple.
    Semper Fi
    I sure did. I could also give a couple more options equally as realistic:

1) Slap on some whiteface and do a quick mime impersonation to make the robbers believe there is a wall between you and them, or
    2) Start tugging at your tie and give 'em a Rodney Dangerfierld schtick so they laugh and drop their guns.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Give up the wallet, although I don't know why he'd have his wallet on him while doing yardwork. He's very lucky to be alive, proves the exception to every rule. Your advice could have been a contributing factor to a much worse outcome. Glad you didn't tell him stuffing your finger in the barrel will stop a bullet!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

What about if you took your wallet out and dropped it? Hopefully they would go down to get it. If everything worked out in your favor the armed gun man's guard would be down while focusing on the wallet to go get it. Then that would be your opportunity to dodge if you must while pulling out your sidearm to immediately fire off without hesitation. Even at the ground near them would throw them into shock and scatter I assume.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

I always carry fake 100 dollar bills to throw in the air while drawing and firing for situations just like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    I always carry fake 100 dollar bills to throw in the air while drawing and firing for situations just like this!
    I do the same thing only with a possum.

Michael

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links