around the corner of your house... - Page 3

around the corner of your house...

This is a discussion on around the corner of your house... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MadMac Give them the wallet. Even if he had been armed, based on your description of the event, they had the drop ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: around the corner of your house...

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Give them the wallet. Even if he had been armed, based on your description of the event, they had the drop on him.

He doesn't need a ccw to carry on his own property.

That said, it's time to move.

Next up in the posting order: guys with trick wallets, and the urban kung-fu types who flip the wallet at them, look them off with their eyes, then whip out their 1911 and drop 'em both while they are bedazzled
    Madmac, good to know you can read and remember what you do read. This has been discussed on many other threads. Just because you can't or won't do it does not mean it can't be do.

For those who will fight back you need to try your action with airsoft before you need to do it for real. Make sure you have a more than 50/50 chance.

From my findings what ever you do there needs to be movement in it. The first thing with this type situation is to not take hits yourself and movement is what does that. It's hard to out draw another gun in the holster let a lone one that is pointed at you, then make it two.

In this OP I would most likely fight back. And yes I have very intent to win.
    modernknight likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Madmac, good to know you can read and remember what you do read. This has been discussed on many other threads. Just because you can't or won't do it does not mean it can't be do.

For those who will fight back you need to try your action with airsoft before you need to do it for real. Make sure you have a more than 50/50 chance.

From my findings what ever you do there needs to be movement in it. The first thing with this type situation is to not take hits yourself and movement is what does that. It's hard to out draw another gun in the holster let a lone one that is pointed at you, then make it two.

In this OP I would most likely fight back. And yes I have very intent to win.
    I'll fill in the blanks in your post. I never said it cannot be done. I suggested it would be riskier than simply turning over your wallet to two guys with the drop on you. Prove me wrong.

I'll fill in the blanks in your post. I never said it cannot be done. I suggested it would be riskier than simply turning over your wallet to two guys with the drop on you. Prove me wrong.
    How many news stories are there that the BG shot the GG after getting what he wants? Several!

BG is looking for you to do what he says not you fighting back. Change his OODA loop giving you time to move and shoot. I'm not much into the throwing of the wallet or dropping it. When you walk around the corner and the BG says give me your money just act. No if and or but just do it. And yes one against two can be done. More than that get harder, you will most likely take hits with 3 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    How many news stories are there that the BG shot the GG after getting what he wants? Several!

BG is looking for you to do what he says not you fighting back. Change his OODA loop giving you time to move and shoot. I'm not much into the throwing of the wallet or dropping it. When you walk around the corner and the BG say give me our money just act. No if and or but just do it. And yes one against two can be done. More than that get harder, you will most likely take hits with 3 or more.
    I have heard of several incidents where a robber shot his victim. Is "several" statistically significant? Will you simply draw and shoot at anyone who says "give me your money" without assessing your situation? I have had a "buddy" sneak up on me, stick his finger in my back, and say just that. Glad I didn't shoot him.

OODA loop? Puh-leez....

So, you're saying you'll do the ballet move, draw, and fire on two armed and ready assailants, but if there were three you'll "most likely" take "hits". With two assailants, according to you, it "can be done". I would certainly appreciate knowing how you arrive at your odds.

I would certainly appreciate knowing how you arrive at your odds.
    By doing my ballet move while drawing and shooting in FOF against live opponent. Against 2 your chance of taking hits are pretty low but goes down hill from there. But there is a difference in taking a hit and being dead. You can still kill the BG and go home, it just maybe a few days later. And yes I may die but we all will die at sometime and we have nothing to say about when. I live my life and let the Lord choose the time. Who knows a plane may fall from the sky tonight, one for each of us, and kill us in bed.

You have to be who you are, just because I do one thing does not mean you have to. Just don't say I can't do my thing. Because I have proved it to myself in FOF.

I would dodge the bullets and whip out my +7 sword of slaying while shouting "balls in your face" oh, wait wrong post..my bad..

I have personnaly elbowed a buddy in the face sneaking up on me..sort of have the dont sneak up on that guy rep now...
    Riana likes this.

BTW Shot aint dead....am I the only one who remembers the Cail female police officer that was followed home by 4 gang bangers, ID ed herself as a cop, they shot her through the heart with a 357...she did not stop the fight, she drew her weapon, engaged the BGs killing two and chasing the other ones away, still had the piece of mind to strip her weapon of ammo and call 911 before she passed out...and oh BTW she lived and is still a cop....all this she did after she had a tennis ball size hole in her back....

SHOT AINT DEAD.......in a gun fight you do not stop!! I preach this to my soldiers and marines and anybody else I train....

Quote Originally Posted by modernknight View Post
    BTW Shot aint dead....am I the only one who remembers the Cail female police officer that was followed home by 4 gang bangers, ID ed herself as a cop, they shot her through the heart with a 357...she did not stop the fight, she drew her weapon, engaged the BGs killing two and chasing the other ones away, still had the piece of mind to strip her weapon of ammo and call 911 before she passed out...and oh BTW she lived and is still a cop....all this she did after she had a tennis ball size hole in her back....

SHOT AINT DEAD.......in a gun fight you do not stop!! I preach this to my soldiers and marines and anybody else I train....
    Shot through the heart with a .357?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by modernknight View Post

One word... HOOAH! probably the most truthful thing i have heard all day....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    I slap on some whiteface and do a quick mime impersonation to make the robbers believe there is a wall between me and them.

^^^ Awesome.
    Rock and Glock and grouse like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

yes the whole story is in the book "on combat" by LTC Dave Grossman with Loren W. Christensen. I would tell you the exact page number and case referance they used as the example but I gve the book to a young marine at my church to read before he deploys to Afghanistan next month. It is an excellent book on the The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace. I recommend everyone read it...

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I do the same thing only with a possum.

Michael

OMG you keep a possum in you pants; IWB, pocket or OWB.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Officer Stacy Lim, LAPD.
    The account starts on Page 144.

thats the Police officer who engaged after a shot with a 357.

Thanks Gforty...

RKM
    Two guns on me, I'll likely give them what they want. I hardly ever have cash. I can call and cancel my credit cards. The only thing I'm worried about in my information on my ID's.

As much as I'd LIKE to think I'd be a mega cool hero and draw on them and they'd surrender without a fight, I'm not looking to initiate a lethal situation. I'll defend myself from one. Who's to say it's not ALREADY one? It's a tough call. You'll do what you do. I'd like to be able to say I'd do this and I'd do that. But giving them my wallet is probably what I'd do in THIS situation.......

What happens when you tell them you dont have your wallet. How many do yard work carrying their wallet?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links