around the corner of your house... - Page 4

around the corner of your house...

This is a discussion on around the corner of your house... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by aworldexport What happens when you tell them you dont have your wallet. How many do yard work carrying their wallet? My wallet ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: around the corner of your house...

Quote Originally Posted by aworldexport View Post
    What happens when you tell them you dont have your wallet. How many do yard work carrying their wallet?
    My wallet is always in my pants pocket.

Michael

For several years I used to teach the Lindell Method of Handgun Retention and Disarming Techniques and I still practice retention and disarming on a monthly basis. I believe I'm pretty competent in disarming someone who is at arms length.

However, you can only disarm one person at a time. Therefore, if there are two gunmen you'd be pretty hard pressed to attempt to disarm both of them successfully.

In that situation, where two gunmen have the drop on you, you'd probably be better off giving them your wallet unless your skills for Drawing Against The Drop is exceedingly well honed. Yeah, it can be done, but with a second gunman it gets exceedingly harder.

And I would in no way advocate anyone trying to draw against the drop unless they have spent countless hours perfecting it, and undergo continuous practice. Which to be quite honest, I know of no civilians who are willing to put in such effort. Especially people who don't even bother to carry full time, so don't kid yourself.
    atctimmy likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Would you engage when they start to leave with your wallet and their weapons are not pointed on you anymore?
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

What happens when you tell them you dont have your wallet. How many do yard work carrying their wallet?
    This is a good point, now the focus shifts from you to "Home Invasion" thinking on their part, and are they up to that escalation? are you? if they decide to ramp it up? If they start pushing me toward the door of my house with a gun (or 2) in my back, I think my stress level goes WAY up, and I'm really looking for some way to turn the tables with every step.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ok, so my friend just recently had this happen to him. Wondering what peoples thoughts are, especially with Wisconsin just passing ccw, concidering it happened in Milwaukee.

My friend was finishin some yard work just after dark. As he was walking around the corner of his house to the front yard he was confronted by 2 men with guns drawn. Wanted his wallet, now he doesn't ccw, but i do (once WI gets me my permit). I dont approve of what he did unarmed, but he did use something i once taught him. If you push the slide back a little on a semi-auto pistol it wont fire. Instead of reaching for the wallet, he lunged and did that, pistols didnt go off, knocked em both to the ground was beating one and then the other pistol whipped him, and the two BG's ran off... kept his wallet, but he was pretty messed up from that pistol whip.

As a concealed carrier, what would you have done?

(Remember the stand point, looking for actions as a concealed carrier, i did have a talk with my friend, and he is doing better.)
    So your saying he managed to grab two guns by the slide simultaneously and remove them from the BG grip without either going off, then while he's beating on one of the guys, the other bad guy walk up behind him and hits him with the gun instead of shooting him?

I think you friend needs to go buy a lottery ticket cause it's his lucky day!

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    If two BGs had the drop on me & I was unarmed I would give them the wallet.

If two BGs had the drop on me & I was armed I woud give them the wallet.

No way I could out draw two drawn guns.

Oh, wait, I know what I would do. I would use the move that the chinese mafia guy in Lethal Weapon 4 used, grab the guns slide, pull it off the body, spin kick the first guy and repeat for second guy. Then I would sell both slides on guns america auction site.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I hardly ever have cash, and cards are easy to cancel. My ID's are in a separate 'wallet' which is usually carried weak side. They can have my wallet; they MIGHT get $15. They'd be more likely to get nothing but some plastic. If I lived somewhere different- a little more room between myself and the neighbors- I would probably OC when doing yard work.

I don't think that even two armed guys want to mess with one armed person most of the time- they're looking for the easy way; and the easy way is not picking a fight with a guy carrying a .45 on his hip. Not saying that that is definite, but a pretty good theory based on past evidence.

--Give them the wallet. If they get more aggressive when there is no cash, THEN you start worrying about how to shoot them both; just be prepared to get shot back.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    So your saying he managed to grab two guns by the slide simultaneously and remove them from the BG grip without either going off, then while he's beating on one of the guys, the other bad guy walk up behind him and hits him with the gun instead of shooting him?

I think you friend needs to go buy a lottery ticket cause it's his lucky day!
    No, he did not remove them from the BG grip. He slid the slides back a liitle, which does not allow the pistols to fire. Then he knock both BG's down in the process..... then as he was beating the one, other pistol whips him and the BG's run off....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

No, he did not remove them from the BG grip. He slid the slides back a liitle, which does not allow the pistols to fire. Then he knock both BG's down in the process..... then as he was beating the one, other pistol whips him and the BG's run off....
    And then, the director yelled, "Cut!" and said,"Okay, for the next scene, the panda leaps over 6 guys and pushes a boulder to knock them all over. But, that's a wrap for today guys, see ya tomorrow."
    atctimmy likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    And then, the director yelled, "Cut!" and said,"Okay, for the next scene, the panda leaps over 6 guys and pushes a boulder to knock them all over. But, that's a wrap for today guys, see ya tomorrow."
    I know it sounds fake, but if you are having doubts take your semi auto and slide the slide back " and pull the trigger, after you clear the weapon of course, sure you knee that not trying to insult you, but try it for yourself if you doubt. By the way, he did manage to cut his hands doing that as well.....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

RKM
    I did on Saturday.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Again I say 2 BGs with guns tell 1 GG to hand over his money the last thing they are thinking will happen is for him to fight back. To do so plays with their minds. And yes they did not want to shoot somebody they just wanted money.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I know it sounds fake, but if you are having doubts take your semi auto and slide the slide back " and pull the trigger, after you clear the weapon of course, sure you knee that not trying to insult you, but try it for yourself if you doubt. By the way, he did manage to cut his hands doing that as well.....
    Yeah, we all know that, we also know that holding a revolver by the cylinder will prevent it from firing D/A, it is the balance of the ninja encounted that pegs the meter.
    oakchas and MadMac like this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

ok ..2 bg's got the drop on you at the side of your house and want your wallet. Dont know if I'd be able to think this fast. They dont think I'm armed, right?

I'd grab my wallet out of my left rear pocket, and just before handing it to em avert my eyes toward the front of the house and yell at my wife to call the police. As the bg's turn toward the front of the house looking for my wife who is NOT there, I draw and then .....BANG BANG.

2 less bg's in the 'hood'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links