around the corner of your house...

This is a discussion on around the corner of your house... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; - Who carries their wallet with them when they're working in the yard? The only thing I'm carrying is my firearm & a yard tool ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: around the corner of your house...

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Who carries their wallet with them when they're working in the yard?

The only thing I'm carrying is my firearm & a yard tool of some sort.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by carverelli View Post
    ok ..2 bg's got the drop on you at the side of your house and want your wallet. Dont know if I'd be able to think this fast. They dont think I'm armed, right?

I'd grab my wallet out of my left rear pocket, and just before handing it to em avert my eyes toward the front of the house and yell at my wife to call the police. As the bg's turn toward the front of the house looking for my wife who is NOT there, I draw and then .....BANG BANG.

2 less bg's in the 'hood'
    You refer to your neighborhood as "the hood"?

no. But if 2 guys came walking into MY yard with guns drawn, I would think to myself, "when did I move."

That sort of thing doesnt normally happen where I live. Detroit? Ya, I'll buy that. But SE Washington state? I dont think so.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    You refer to your neighborhood as "the hood"?
    I'm on the outside edge of 'The Hood'. Makes me nervous, but it's all my wife and I could afford to rent for the time being. But, I promise you that I NEVER go anywhere without my wallet, ID's, or at least one handgun. If I can't take it inside with me, it waits in the car.

Not that I'm paranoid. Everyone I've met around here- neighbors, people walking by on the sidewalk, etc- have been very nice, polite, 'say hello' kind of people. But, go a block further, and I would probably be the only person under 60 legally allowed to own a gun.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post

My friend was finishin some yard work just after dark.
    As a concealed carrier, what would you have done?
    Sorry, I'm stuck on the yard work thing . . . maybe ask if they'd like a job doing yard work, while handing over my wallet and asking politely if they'd like my watch too, while doing my dead level best to commit their faces to memory? It occurs to me that this whole thing could serve as a great lever to convince the wife that yard work is a really bad idea.
    jerp likes this.
    "The problem with trusting quotes on the internet is they're so hard to authenticate." - Benjamin Franklin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links